Angry eyes

(Sunday) Alexis POV: I was a bit hesitant. I didn't know what her parents would think of me. I was afraid that they would think that I was weird or something. Just act normal, goddamnit! It's not THAT hard... I was just going to be myself. If they don't like me that's their problem.

The kitchen smelled heavenly. When was the last time I ate? Her mom was sitting next to her dad, reading some book. A family of bookworms I see. Jolene's mom had black hair to her shoulders and she looked rather skinny, judgning from her face. She had very clear cheekbones and her eyes were sky blue. Her dad had curly, brown hair. He looked a lot like Jolene. He had the same face shape and the same small lips. Except for the eyes. The eyes were almond shaped. Jolene got the cute doe eyes from her mother.

"Good morning mrs and mr Hamilton." Her mom looked up from the book.

"Oh honey, call me Caroline!" She closed the book with a big, warm smile.

"And I assume you are Alex?" He studied me from top to toe with a complete pokerface.

"That's right." Should I smile? No. The man looked stone cold. He gave me that weird feeling and it made me very uncomfortable.

"Alright, I made you girls some pancakes. Sit down please! She showed us where to sit. Me and Jolene sat down beside each other. I didn't realize she had been quiet all this time.

"I want you to finish your homework today. I don't want to see any poor grades. Stop being so lazy and take care of your problems. Mr Hamilton gave Jolene a cold gaze.

"Y-yes sir." Jolene looked down at her place of untouched food. That man seriously gave me the chills. He better stop acting like an asshole to Jolene or else... Caroline seemed very nice though. I'm glad Jolene's not like her dad. I just realized I had to deal with mom when I got home. I let out a sigh.

"Thanks for the pancakes. They were delicious!" I smiled at Caroline.

"I'm glad you liked them." She looked delightful.

After that I went home. My mom didn't seem worried at all. I think she was happy I finally found a friend after all. "Friend." Yeah right. Both Jolene and I knew we were more than just friends. I remember when she spoke about herself in front of the class. She seemed pretty insecure and nervous. Afraid to do something wrong. She obviously had something on her mind that made her hurt herself. If I could just find out what is was, then maybe I could help her.

I'm still embarassed over what I did though... I should have listened to her. I should have concentrated more on her than on myself. I never wanted to hurt her. Did I push her? I grabbed my arm in frustration. My nails dug into my skin. I quickly removed my hand from my arm when I realized what I was doing. It was not right. Hurting myself is not the answer. It's never the answer. Honesly, it was just plain stupid.

(Monday) Jolene's POV: I walked into the old school building. The corridor was full of students. I tried to walk the fast as I could to my locker. Avoiding eye contact and shutting all sounds out. Suddently a strong hand grabbed me by the arm. I screamed. I was pushed violently against a locker. My back hit the locker with a loud bang. An older boy grinned at me. He had blonde, short hair and gray eyes. He held me by the neck with a strong grip. He thought this was funny?! I gripped his hands, trying to get them of my neck but he was incredibly strong.

"Well well well... Isn't in the GAY GIRL?" He almost yelled in my face. He let out a short laugh. People glanced over at us but then looked away again.

"DISGUSTING!" His fist hit my face. And again, and again, and again. Every punch felt like hell. My body was screaming for mercy . I cried and tried to yell at him to stop but I couldn't make a sound.

"LET GO OF HER YOU JERK!" I saw Alexis standing a few metres away from me. Her eyes were full of anger. The older boy finally let go of me and I fell to the floor. She walked over to the boy with heavy steps. She was pretty tall so she stood face to face with the boy.

"You fuck with my friends, you fuck with me." Alexis blew a punch in his face before he could do anything. He tried to hit her back but he missed since she was too fast. She hit his nose and it almost instantly started bleeding. His gray eyes were filled with fear. She ended it by kneeing him in the stomach. That was all he needed to fall to the floor. Then she walked over to me. It was so hard to keep my eyes open.

Alexis's POV: Jolene was sitting down on the dirty floor, leaning against a locker. Her face was filled with bruises and she was bleeding from her nose. Her eyes were closed. That bitch... I walked over to her and got a closer look. It looked really bad.

"Jolene, can you hear me?" She opened her eyes a bit and groaned in pain.

"Yes.." Her voice was quiet and weak. I could barely hear her because all of the other students.

"I'm gonna take you to the nurse's office. Jolene didn't say anything, she just nodded.

I carried her all the way. She was not heavy, at all. Even though I wasn't strong it was pretty easy to carry her since she was very skinny.

I knocked on the door. A young woman with long brown hair and bangs opened the door. Her bangs were way too long. It really looked like she needed a haircut.

"Oh dear, what happened to you?" She looked at Jolene. I sat her down on the bed that was in the room. It was covered in some kind of paper or plastic. Jolene didn't answer.

"Some asshole decided to beat her up for no reason." I answered.

"Language!" I sighed. Why were they always so strict about language... It's not like the end of the world.

"Sorry." I didn't even mean it. No one could make me stop swearing because I swore as much as I wanted to. The nurse grabbed some cold ice and gave it to Jolene.

"I want you to hold this against your bruise for about 15-20 minutes. Then let the skin rest for 5 minutes before you put it back on. Jolene nodded. The nurse also grabbed a piece of paper for her nose. Jolene pressed the paper against her bleeding nose.

"So you're telling me a bully did this to her? She continued. The nurse looked a bit hesitant, as if she didn't believe me.

"Yes, it was an older boy. I think he had blonde hair and... blue eyes? Jolene didn't agree.

"No... he had gray eyes."
"Alright. What are your names? She grabbed a notebook and a pen from her desk.

"I'm Jolene Hamilton."
"And I'm Alexis Valencia."
After the nurse had written down our names in her notebook, we left.

[End of chapter 1225 words]

-Thank you for reading 。^‿^。