Dreams and Nightmares (MaBill)

Had two photos, which are below. Story begins after the images.

 Story begins after the images

•••

•••

Mabel POV

I squirmed in the chains, but in was no hope. A chain around my neck, wrists and ankles. I pulled and tugged, but it just made them tighter.

"Struggling won't help." He said. The cuff around my neck was so tight at this point I could barely breathe. "Please...Help... Where..." I gasped out. "Where is what?" Bill asked, grinning devilishly. "Dipper..." I finished shakily. We were mystery hunting together when Bill appeared and knocked us out. Bill laughed. "Don't worry about Pine Tree. He's fine. In fact, he had something he wanted to say." He said. He held up a screen, and Dipper glitched on. "Dipper..." I gasped. He was sitting on his knees, looking at the ground. He gazed up at me. He had blood dripping from his face and arms.

"Join me." He said, stabbing a nearby fork just above his eyebrow. Blood dropped down, covering just one of his eyes. He made a triangle with his hands over the other, laughing maniacally. "Mabel, join us." He said, looking back down at the floor. He started drawing in the dust in the ground, whispering "buy gold" over and over again.

Bill shut off the screen. "Shooting Star, there isn't anything to be worried about. I'm just trying to make you like me and him. Demons. He is in the process of transformation as we speak." Bill said. He snapped his fingers, and a bowl of berries appeared. "This is all the food you are getting. Now, these berries will turn you into a demon. But if you don't eat them, you will starve. Your choice." Bill stated, placing them in front of me. The chains loosened, but a large pyramidal cage formed around me and the berries. I sat on the cold stone floor and pulled my knees to my chest, crying into my sweater.

Was Dipper really turning into a demon? I wondered. This was all too horrible to believe, yet somehow it was believable at the same time. My own boyfriend imprisoned me, nearly choking me and trying to turn me and my brother into demons. It was just too... surreal.

I cried for hours, days, maybe weeks. I couldn't really tell time from where i was. All I knew was that it was long enough that tears had permanently left trails down my hollow cheeks, and that my stomach was so empty that I could see my rib cage sticking out. I had had enough. I stood and wobbily walked on half-dead legs to the bowl. I picked up the crimson berry, rolling it around at her fingertips. Nervously, i brought the berry to my cold, chapped lips, and ate it.

•••

Bill's POV

I awoke to the horrifying sound of my girlfriend screaming. She was laying in bed next to me, tears streaming down her cheeks in her sleep. I quickly shook her awake. She jolted upwards, looking up into my eyes. She quickly wrapped her arms around me, crying into my chest. I hugged her back, softly stroking her hair. I rested my chin on top of her head as she cried. I could feel her heart racing like a stampede of horses.

"Shooting Star, what's wrong?" I asked her when the sobs had slowed a little bit. "I had a nightmare." She muttered, the words muffled by my sweatshirt.

I silently cursed myself. I was a dream demon. That means i could have prevented her dream from happening. I was so busy with my own dream that i didn't even worry about hers. She usually had really happy dreams as it was.

"Well what happened?" I inquired. She pulled back so she could talk properly, even though I wish she hadn't. I already missed feeling her body against mine.

"I w-was chained up. There was a man there, and he was the one who h-had chained me. He turned D-Dipper into a..." she said, taking a pause. She bit her lip cautiously. "A what?" I asked her. The word was barely audible. "Demon." She whispered. "H-he wanted to m-make me one too. Not good, like y-you. Like, a hell demon." She said, each word growing quieter as she spoke.

"Then he p-put me in a cage with Berries. The berries would m-make me a hell demon. I cried for a r-really long time, but then I ate them. Then I-I woke up." She finished. "Well do you know who the man was?" I asked her. This seemed to make her cry harder.

"Bill." She said, staring up at me. I could see the fear in her eyes. "It was you." She whispered, then she quickly turned away. This enraged me. How could it have been me? I would never do anything like that to her or Dipper. But my anger quickly shifted to depression and fear. Is that what she thinks of me? Just some demon?

I felt my heart shatter. Tears formed in my eyes too, and we just sat in bed crying. I couldn't take the tension anymore. "Shooting Star, is that really what you think of me? That in just some demon?" I asked. She was turned away. I gently grabbed her face, making her look at me. "Did you really think I could hurt you?" I asked her, the volume of my voice falling down to where I practically mouthed the last part. I cringed at the thought of ever harming her or anyone she loved. She didn't answer.

I cupped her cheek and kissed her softly. I was relieved when she kissed me back. When we parted, I tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. "My star, I would never do anything that I thought could hurt you in any way." I said, wiping her tears with my thumbs. "I know." She whispered, snuggling her face back into my chest. I gently lay her back down with me, and she fell asleep crying into my shirt.

  I made sure to stay with her in her dream this time, sending her nothing but good things.