Chapter 1

Katniss's pov

I duck down as Prim passes by.A blindfold blocking her vision.Her hands are out stretched as she seacrches for someone to grab.Her forehead is crinkled as she frowns in concentration.

Annie giggles from the corner.Prim's head whirls around in that direction.Her feet soon follow.Finnick curses under his breath and rustles the table to distract Prim.It work's.Finnick skillfully works his way over to Annie as Prim falls for the decoy.

Her frown soon turns into a scowl as she finds only air.She huffs under her breath when the front door is suddenly thrown open.Haymitch stumbles on in causing Prim to squeak,Annie to squeal and the victors to take defencive positions.

"This came from the Capitol."He declares,disregarding all of our reactions.

Peeta is the first to reach him.His eyes race from side to side as he reads the letter.They widen and he swallows harshly.Something is not right.It's too late for him to cover up his reaction,his non-important auroa reassures no one.I snatch the letter from him,reading out loud for everyone to hear.

"Paylor is dead."Is the one and only sectence I get out before my voice dies in my throat.

Dead?Paylor?

Before I can even register what's happening Finnick has ushered Prim and Kurtus up the stairs,assuring them that they will he filled in once we know what's happening.We form a circle,Haymitch,Peeta,me,Finnick,Annie,Dan and Johanna.

"What else does it say?"Johanna ask's,her body being supported by Dan.

Haymitch clears his throat,"Peacekeepers.The Capitol rebels are calling themselves the Peacekeepers.Their goal is to bring back the Capitol."He hesitates,glances at me and Peeta,"All aspects of it."

The Games.My lungs stagger at the news,legs turn to jelly and head spins.They can't come back.This was all meant to be in the past.

Peeta catches me reflexively.I drink in his familiar scent,it calms me.They want the Games back,doesn't mean that they will come back.I'll make sure of it.I grip Peeta's hand,straightening myself out so I can ask,"How strong are they?"

Silence.Haymitch,yet again,is the one to answer."They're pretty good.Their leader is the one and only Capitol victor."He shuffles nervously,"Snow's grandaughter."

My jaw drops.Perfect.The Snow family is still torturing me,even when the man who started it is buried at the bottom of the ocean.

Peeta's eyes narrow in on Haymitch,"How do you know all of this?"

I look to Haymitch as well.How would he know all of this?

He clears his throat gruffly while the other four people look away awkwardly.Haymitch sighs,"Fine.I kept in contact with Plutrach.He's been keeping me posted on the Peacekeepers since sweetheart here told me they exist."

That was months ago.My hands ball into fists.He's still keeping secrets from us."Why didn't you tell us?"I hiss.

Dan,Jo,Fin and Annie all drift into the kitchen leaving the three of us to brawl.Haymitch meets my stare,"You two had your own problems.You being hell bent on getting him over you and him wallowing away-"

"What about after that?"Peeta demands.His voice almost as hard as mine.

Haymitch look's away,"I thought it was better to keep you in the dark."

I glare at him,"Better or easier to not tell us incase you needed to use us again?"

His eyes harden as he scowls back at me,"That was for your own good.The less you could tell-"