December Challenge: The Heart of Ajs An'hlj

Hey science fiction writers!

December and new challenge are here, and this time, we're going to try something a bit different.

The December prompt consists of a title, the title to your story:

The Heart of Ajs An'hlj

While we all know what a heart is, most of you might wonder about Ajs An'hlj. Well, it's up to you to tell us who or what goes by this name.  Take your story wherever you want, as long as it fits the title and classifies as science fiction, of course.

Maximum word count for this one is 2017, as this is the last contest of this year.

Your story must be in English. Sorry, but  we currently don't have other language capacities.

The time limit for this challenge is Sunday, 31th of December 2017, midnight UTC. Yes, that's the end of the year for those living on longitude 0 and gives you exactly one month to complete your masterpiece.

Publish your text on your profile. It may be a new story or a new chapter in an existing anthology. Only one chapter please.

To submit your entry, please post the link to your story in the comments below this chapter and fill this form.

Take some time to read the entries of your fellow competitors—there are so many gifted writers joining these competitions, it's well worth it!

We can't wait to discover where your imagination takes you! 

This contest is now closed for submissions.

Thanks to all who sent us their amazing stories and a happy new year!