A Night to Remember (Liam Payne Fan fiction)

...Clair’s P.O.V...

My heart was beating 100m/h, tears are rolling down my face, I am finding it hard to find a breath, as I look back at the man I love, Liam Payne, the one and only, I couldn’t live without him, he was the love of my life, the one who stole my heart, I take one more breath looking at the water beneath the bridge and jump.

(...2 months earlier...)

It was 3 months ago; Liam had become a worldwide pop star. He had become busier and more stressed and tired; he was always with the boys. Louis, Harry, Niall and Zayn. I was starting to think he had forgotten about me, forgotten the love we share for each other. Yesterday was our 3 year anniversary, I still haven’t gotten a call, I think he has forgotten, and right now he is in New York on tour. It’s 8 hours behind there so I expect he is asleep.  It’s about 8 am in London, its cold, and snowing, all of sudden there is a knocking at the door, “who would be knocking this early?” I thought to myself. As I start to walk down the hall towards the door, it slowly opens, “Who’s there?!” I yell... no answer. I slowly make my way to the door, as it begins to open more and more each step I make, I am beginning to worry, so I grab an umbrella from the umbrella stand at the stairs. As I finally reach the door, it swings open and who else but Liam is standing in the door way. He is shivering but has a smile on his face, the smile so perfect and welcoming it could light up the world. I run and hug him. “Hello Love. I have missed you” Liam says while in a bear hug with me. “I am sorry I did not call, I wanted to surprise you” He continues. We begin to kiss when, what seems like 30 bus loads of girls come screaming down the road, he hurries me inside, telling me not to worry.  We close the door and walk towards the kitchen to have some tea. “What are the boy supposed to do without you on tour” I ask Liam. He gives me a subtle smile and continues to make his tea. “Liam? What are the boys doing, aren’t you supposed to be on tour?” I continue. “We are, are on a break from the tour. I wanted to see you” He answered.  I could see his digression through the way he looked at me as he said it. He Lied. I felt something was wrong; there was something he wasn’t telling me. But I just leave the topic for now, Liam was with me. That is all that matters for now.

We spent about a week together at home, but I still haven’t worked up the courage to ask him the truth about his absence from the group. There was defiantly something wrong, but I just couldn’t work out what that was. So like a normal person would do, I googled it. ‘Liam Payne absence of American tour.’ Millions of stories appeared, but I was drawn to this one story, one that had the title. ‘Liam Payne, new American girlfriend?’ What could this have meant, I clicked on the link, it was a fan site, and there right in front of me was a series of photographs and a story attached.  I read the story and went through the photos, “who was she?” I thought. “Was Liam cheating on me?” I walk towards the lounge room, where Liam was watching Toy Story. “Liam” I said, “Who is this?” I went on as I showed him the laptop with a picture of the girl and him hugging outside a taco bell.  “Her? Ah... She is an old friend” Liam said back to me. “She moved to America, and I thought it would be a good opportunity to meet up with her.” He was lying again, I could tell. But why was he lying? “Liam, Please. Just tell me, you’re cheating on me, it...its fine you can tell me” I said as I began to tear up. “If you’re cheating on me, then I would just like to know why. Liam please, please don’t let it be true”. I really hoped it wasn’t true, but how could it not, he was a pop star, living this big life, and he can have anything he wanted. Why would he want me? I sit down in front of him and begin to cry. Tears are steaming down my face; I can feel his warm hands trying to cradle me. “Clair. Why would you believe those tabloids, they are all wrong. I love you with all my heart, no one, not even an old friend who, yes I used to have a major crush on, but that was years ago. Please Clair just look at me! I love you, don’t you believe me, I would never lie to you” He said, starting to cry himself. “THEN WHY ARE YOU AWAY FROM TOUR, WHAT IS THE REAL REASON!?” I snap back.  “Clair, did you just not hear a word I just said, I would never lie to you, I didn’t cheat on you, I just asked the management if I could come home for 2 weeks, because it’s our 3 year anniversary and I didn’t want to miss it. But things got difficult and then the boys were mad, and I couldn’t handle the stress and expectations anymore and I left.” Liam says back trying not to snap or cry. Could I believe him? “But Liam, Ahhh... No this is your future, a phone call would have done just fine” I say as a get up and walk out.