Chapter 20

Next morning Louis woke up at the feeling of Harry stirring beneath him.

“What?” Louis asked, still with his eyes closed and with a very raspy voice.

“I have to go to the gym.” Harry whispered.

Louis hugged Harry tighter, “No, stay with me.”

Harry sighed. He really hated skipping gym, but Louis looked so pretty there sleepy in his bed.

“Alright,” Harry kissed the top of Louis’ head and wrapped his arms around him. He knew there was no use trying to go back to sleep, but he was happy just holding Louis and listening to his steady breathing.

Louis did try to fall back asleep listening to the beating of Harry’s heart. He couldn’t fall asleep again but he stayed there enjoying Harry’s company, tracing his tattoos with the tip of his fingers.

Harry started to run his fingers through Louis’ hair. “Your hair is getting longer.” Harry said, loving his silky texture.

Louis chuckled and snuggled even more into Harry, “Mhm,”

“You could let Lou cut it for you,” Harry lazily talked, “She’s good at it. I mean, she works at my mum’s hair salon.”

“Your mom owns a hair salon?”

“Yeah, you knew that.”

“Oh, yeah, I remember.” Louis said actually remembering Harry talking about it a few times. He hummed, “That’d be alright. It is getting long.”

They fell silent for a few seconds before Harry spoke up.

“What do your parents do?” Harry asked, feeling curious about Louis’ family. He knew the basics, but he felt Louis was always a bit mysterious when it came to his background.

That question took Louis by surprise. He felt a sour sensation in his gut that left him with a dry mouth.

He started building the conversation in his mind, “They’re the dukes of York,” Louis would say. Harry would ask what he meant. “I’m a prince, Harry,” Louis would reply. Harry would then laugh and reply something cute as “Yes, you’re my prince.” Louis would laugh with Harry because, of course, Harry would say something like that. He would reach out and kiss Harry’s lips, praying it wasn’t for the last time. Then he would look at Harry in the eye, “I hate to admit it this way, but it’s true. My father is the son of the queen. When he married my mum, they got the title of dukes of York. So, when I was born, I was given the title of prince of York.” Harry would see the truth in Louis’ eyes. A few seconds would pass, Harry digesting the information he had just received. Louis would make a cup of tea for Harry and then answer all of his questions.

Louis’ train of thoughts were interrupted by Harry,

“Hmm?” Harry pronounced, wondering if Louis had heard him.

But Louis wasn’t ready. Revealing the truth by answering Harry’s question was not the right way. He had to face Harry because he deserved it. And Louis would not only have to answer questions like ‘Why did you do it?’ or ‘Why didn’t you tell me?’ This entirely involved Harry. There would be questions like, ‘What are we going to do?’, ‘How will they handle a gay prince?’, ‘So you’re not only going away at the end of the semester, but you’re going back to your prince status.’ And Louis didn’t know any of those answers, not one. And, apart from that, there was the evident possibility of Harry rejecting him for completely. He was so, so scared.

“They’re politicians.” Louis answered without thinking it twice.

“Ooh,” Harry seemed surprised, “That explains some things.”