Dark Black Magic- chapter 42- jobs and roles

Start from the beginning

"No,"

"I would have really appreciated that."

"Don't beat yourself up about it. All vampires have special gifts and Rudolph has the gift of sexual lure. You fell victim to his charms like many others."

"So how is my baby involved in all of this?"

"We do not know yet. But we will protect you and the child until it is safe to go home."

"Thanks, I guess?"

"Your friends will be joining you soon. Very soon the fight will begin." she said.

The vampires were very hospitable. They gave me a beautiful room located in a western turret, with my own bathroom and kitchen stocked with human food. Servants were available at any time of day and night to see to my needs. A pair of guards were also assigned as keepers to me. Their job was to make sure I did not run away- although honestly nowadays I don't have the energy to run. My room over looked the forest and the rest of the castle. It was very picturesque. I was allowed to explore any part of the castle except one of the old towers which had lost its roof and suffered a fire. There were also vast gardens to explore too. The vampires said they would like me stay here permanently after I had my baby. That way the child would be raised in the vampire community. I had no idea, but Rudolph was royalty, which means I'm carrying a royal baby. That's why I get VIP treatment. I should be happy now I'm away from school, my crazy boyfriends and ex-lovers but I'm not. Since being turned into an immortal I've never spent a long period of time alone. I've always been with Skyler, or Greg and co or with Aidan or a lover. But for the last hour I've been alone with myself with no distractions and I have thought about everything that has happened to me over the past months and suddenly it has dawned on me I am no longer Stephanie. Okay it sounds weird but before I turned into an immortal I was this lost shy girl crushed by depression and now I look at my present self and I think where has that girl gone? That girl wouldn't have flung herself at men, or mistreated Aidan, or knocked herself up. What happened to Stephanie? I don't recognize me any more and the more I think about it the more I don't like myself. All those things I did to those boys, all things I let them do to me- this isn't Stephanie. This is somebody else and I don't want this person to raise my child. I want to be a good mother. Looking out over the tree tops I could hear the wolves calling. Poor Aidan. I don't know why I did not love him. Maybe Stephanie would have loved him. Me, however, definitely not. Perching on the window sill I hugged my knees into my chest and watched the night. It was only half an hour later when a knock on my door disturb me from my spot by the window. Three servants entered with a tall familiar handsome man. When Loki had taken me to Italy he had introduced me to this man- or for use of a better word this immortal. Giacamo was a rich Italian aristocrat who had lived for many centuries despite looking like a guy in his early thirties. Bowing slightly he turned to me.

"I hope I'm not disturbing you." He said formally.

"No, no." I said jumping up revealing my belly bump, immediately my hands covered the swell.

Giacomo looked at the bump and whispered something in Italian that I did not understand. My cheeks flushed red and I felt ashamed. Giacomo reading my expression threw his hands up into the air;

"No, I'm not judging you- I'm only shocked to see how fast your pregnancy has progressed." He said apologetically.

"That's okay." I said awkwardly feeling slightly relieved.

There was a weird moment of silence that passed between us. Giacomo stared at me lost for words. Was this good or bad?

"Umm, so what brings you to these parts?" I said pleasantly.