07: Anomaly

Okay, just to be clear guys, this story does not follow any arc in the Durarara!! series, but slight mention of some events from the series may make an appearance. I guess you can call it an AU (Alternate Universe). Anyway, please enjoy the update!

07: Anomaly

-------------------

Your eyes opened slightly, taking some time to adjust to the light. You sat up, rubbing your eyes as you looked around. Grimacing a little, your head still throbbed from hitting the ground earlier. You looked down and realized that your coat was missing, along with your shoes, leaving you in your turtleneck, jeans and socks.

Where the heck am I...?

As you looked around, you realized that there was a figure sitting at the bedside, sitting on the floor as they had their head on the bed. Familiar blonde locks made you realize that it was Shizuo. He had removed his bartender vest already, and the only thing he was wearing now was his white-sleeved polo and slacks. You reached over and ruffled his hair, "Hey, Shizuo."

"Mmmm?" A grumble resonated in his lungs as he shuffled in his sleep. You chuckled, hoping that you could've at least taken another photo of him sleeping, and poked his forehead. "Wake up."

"You're awake?" His head looked up and asked, and you rolled your eyes. "Obviously."

To your surprise, he leaned forward and laid his hand on your forehead. "You're not injured or sick, are you?" His palms were warm and soft, immediately taking away the cold from your forehead. "No..." Your face slightly heated up from the contact. Shizuo blinked for a moment, probably wondering why there was no smart remark, but immediately his face returned to normal. "...Good." He sighed, getting up and stretching around. "I wouldn't want to take you to a hospital when you're unconscious."

"Y-you're just broke." You snapped back, relieved that he had pulled away. "W-what happened?"

"Agh, the thug you fought with went running when you were down."

"And you didn't even bother to chase after him?"

He didn't reply, he just went out of the room for a while to do something. Looking around, you contemplated that this must be Shizuo's apartment. It as surprisingly clean, with everything placed away neatly.

From the corner of your eye, you saw your phone on the lamp stand, and immediately snatched and flipped it open.

"F-fifteen missed calls?!"

You scanned through the log, and gulped when majority of them came from Kyoya. There were some from Izaya too, but you were still ticked at him so you didn't mind. "Something wrong?" Shizuo went back into the room with a glass of water in his hands. For a moment you wondered if it was in character for him to do that, but immediately dismissed the idea and got the glass from him. After finishing the glass of water, you said, "Kyoya's been calling me the entire time. How long was I out?"

He glanced at the clock, "Three hours?"

You mentally cussed. Dialing your partner's number, you scooted to the edge of the bed and swung your feet over. Finally, there was a clicking sound from the other line, and before you could say anything Kyoya's voice immediately shouted, "(NAME)! Where the hell have you been?!"