Chapter 1

{Danielle's P.O.V}

"Come on Danielle don't be such a pussy" I heard Grace spur me on from behind,
"Yeah Dan, it's only a car"
A flipping expensive one I thought to myself
"She isn't going to do it guys, we might as well just go, come on" Leigh said laughing. I felt the anger build up inside my gut, "no," I blurted out, "I'll do it". I walked slowly towards the dark blue Audi sitting in the drive and slipped my trembling hand into my back pocket to retrieve the keys. I could hear sniggers and curses from behind me but I blocked them out as Pressed the button on the key and the tiny light on the door flashed. My small shaking hand wrapped tightly around the handle and I didn't need much effort to pull the door open, after all, it was a sports car so it wasn't very bulky.

"Go on Dani, tear em' up, careful you don't hit that curb and crash babe" Jake shouted from behind me
"Shut the fuck up Jake" I spat back. I really hated him, if he wasn't my sisters boyfriend, I probably would've killed him by now. I entered the car and sat myself down on the cool leather seats and felt the cold wheel under my soft touch. I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply in an attempt to calm myself. I was ready. I pushed the key into the slot and heard the engine roar, my nerves were rising like bile in my throat but I kept them down somehow. An uproar of whistles and cheers erupted behind me as my friends became ecstatic over the animalistic car. I took one last look over to my best friend Al, a worried look plastered on his face, and nodded contently in his direction. He nodded back
"What's that I see? The one and only AT, scared?" Jake mocked him
"Shut up you dickhead, just watch what you came to watch, this was your idea" he replied, trying to act as cool as ever, but I could see through him, he was just as scared as I was.

Suddenly a surge of energy burst through me and my bare-foot slammed hard against the pedal, sending a sharp pain pulsating through my left leg. Before I knew it I was hitting 40...50...60 mph on the open road in the middle of nowhere, I tried to replay Alex's voice in my head to calm me "just keep your foot on the pedal, never take it off, if you do, hit the pedal to your right" I don't know why I agreed to this stupid dare in the first place, I've had only just gotten my license about two weeks ago and here I was, alone in my dad's Audi on an abandoned road in the middle of nowhere. But I'm not one to back down from a dare. The road was a quiet, desolate one, the only sound to be heard was the overpowering bellow of the engine, I felt, unwholesomely calm being alone, which was weird for me because it was always when I was alone that I was at my worst.

I began to relax slowly but surely, and continued to drive forward, slowing down to around 30mph. I looked down at the screen of my iPhone to reveal the time, 12:30 am, great. I'm going to be in so much shit when I get home. I looked back up focusing on the road when I caught a glimpse of something blue, no green but I couldn't quite make out what they where. I was fixated, staring into these bright orbs in the middle of darkness, mesmerised by the blinding light they radiated. Illuminating. Beautiful. Shit what was I doing, before I could do anything about it, I regained mental consciousness and I was no more than 5ft away from the owner of the fluorescent death traps. A tall, dark, twisted figure stood motionless in the middle of the road and showed absolutely no sign of moving, I swerved left, jolting my arm in the process, in order to avoid the demonic shadow in my path however the wheel hit something hard and jagged, throwing me meters into the air. My whole world slowed down immensely as I spiralled viscously across the cracked concrete, my head shook and my thoughts were thrown around my body. My limbs fell limp and I lost track of everything as the car ground to a halt with a sickening screech.

I opened my ever weakening eyes and realised that I was upside down; the car had landed on it's roof. My phone had been smashed into an unrecognisable shape. Then I saw it again. The two glowing orbs in the distance, only this time, they were accompanied by a malicious grin.

That was the last thing I saw before I completely blacked out.