e i g h t

Kasey went straight home after she left the airport. Going to a convention and flying all weekend had proved to be very exhausting. Kasey plopped down on her bed and spread out, getting comfortable. Before she could close her eyes, her phone began to ring. She groaned as she turned over to see Terin's name on the screen of the facetime call.

"Hey," Kasey answered, holding the phone up above her face.

"Hello there, Mrs. Ackles," She joked as soon as her face popped up. "How does it feel to become famous?" She continued.

"What are you even talking about," Kasey asked confused.

"Girl, come on. You mean to tell me you haven't seen all the media post about you?" She asked suspiciously.

"What post?" Kasey asked, this time jumping to sit up straight in bed and grabbing her laptop.

"You are a 'Mystery Woman'," She continued as Kasey searched Jensen's name. Immediately pictures of Kasey and Jensen were displayed on the screen.

"How did they even get these pictures of me in the airport? I didn't see anyone taking pictures," Kasey asked surprised.

"They are sneaky," She warned.

"Have you read these comments?" Kasey asked as she began to scroll. "What did I ever do to these people?" She asked. They mentioned her appearance and other hurtful things that put a pit in her stomach.

"You took their man, boo," Terin said, trying to make light of the situation. "Seriously, don't pay attention to them," Kasey continued to scroll, only feeling worse the more that she read.

Before either of them could say anything else, Kasey's phone began ringing again.

"Hey, I gotta go. Jensen is calling me," Kasey said, giving a fake smile before they both said their goodbyes.

"Hey, pretty girl," He said as he answered the phone with a smile. It immediately changed to a worried look when he saw the sadness in her eyes. "What's wrong?"

"I'm sorry, Jensen," She started. "It was never my intention to make you look bad,"

"What the hell are you talking about?" He asked more confused.

"All these people are saying how bad I make you look and how I'm not good enough," She said, tears threatening to fall as she said it out loud.

"You found the media post," Jensen sighed. "Baby, they are vultures that just want a reaction out of people," He tried.

"Maybe they are right," She continued, this time a tear escaping her eyes.

"Kasey, don't you dare cry over them," He said more serious.

She nodded her head, acting like she believed the words he was saying. "I wish you were here," She said finally.

"Well, you can move in whenever you are ready," He said, loosening up again.

"I still have to pack everything and move out of my apartment," Kasey said, putting her laptop back on the table and snuggling under the blankets in her bed.

"You should be ready in just a couple of hours then, right?" He joked.

"Sure," She grinned.

"There's that smile," Jensen said, continuing to cheer her up. "I know you are tired after your flight, so I will let you get some rest." He said as he was able to see the sleepiness in her eyes.

"Jensen," She paused. "I love you," 

Both of them stopped breathing for a moment. Jensen's shocked face turned into a smile before he replied. "I love you too, honey," 

"I will call you in the morning," Kasey promised.

"I can't wait," He replied. "Sweet dreams,"

"Sweet dreams," Kasey said as she hung up the phone.

The next morning Kasey woke up in a much better mood. She figured the long weekend and flying had just made her emotions an easy target the night before. 

She tidied up the house as she made piles for keep and donate. She wasn't going to be able to take all of her belongings to Jensen's, so she needed to downsize. Terin was on her way to help, excited about this new step in Kasey's life.

When she arrived, she had two caramel frappes from Mcdonald's in her hands. "I brought us a boost," She said as she walked in the door.

"Have I mentioned how much I love you?" Kasey asked before taking the coffee out of Terin's hands.

"Once or twice," Terin joked, joining her. "Are you nervous?"

"I don't know," Kasey said honestly. "Should I be?"

"Nah, girl. I think he is gonna be good to you," She answered honestly before taking a sip of her drink too. "And if he's not, then I and your mother will get involved," She half-joked.

"Speaking of mom," Kasey started. "I haven't told her anything yet,"

"You've got a lot of explaining to do," Terin said.

"I know, but first we need to finish going through all this stuff," Kasey said, trying to get back on task.

"Right," Terin said, taking a few more sips of her drink before following Kasey to her room to get started.

Kasey's apartment was fairly small and didn't have as many belongings as most. They both sorted through Kasey's things, continuing to put things into different piles. Terin took some of the clothes that Kasey no longer wanted and was excited to get a new wardrobe. It took a few hours, but they both finally finished.

"Thank you for coming down and helping me, Terin," Kasey said, bringing her friend in for a side hug.

"Anytime, girl. You're gonna have to let me come visit," She said, looking sad.

"Of course," Kasey said with a soft smile.

"Let's get these boxes loaded into your car," Terin said, picking up a few of the small boxes that littered the floor. Kasey followed close behind with her arms also full. Kasey felt a bittersweet feeling as she watched her apartment grow empty.

"I'm gonna miss the hell out of you," Terin said, trying not to tear up after they were finished.

"Hey, I'm only a couple of hours away," Kasey reassured her. "But I'm gonna miss you too," Kasey replied as they embraced each other in a long, tight hug.

"Alright, Mrs. Ackles," Terin started as she pulled away. "You better get going if you want to make it before dark," She smiled softly as she wiped the few fallen tears from her cheeks. They took one last sweep around her apartment, making sure not to leave anything behind.

"I love you," Kasey said as they both walked out and Kasey locked the door for the last time.

"I love you more," Terin said, giving her one last hug before they each departed for their cars.

"I'll text you when I get there," Kasey said giving a wave before disappearing into her car.