"And I'll let you break it for me." Harry murmured and Liam chuckled. "I've decided not to see Niall as much, anymore." Harry announced and Liam's face fell. "What?" He asked, stunned.

"I think it's better like this. I mean, if you knew I liked him, what on Earth is Niall gonna think? He must know by now, he-"

"Harry, this is Niall we're talking about. You honestly don't know how clueless he can get sometimes." Liam assured him, patting Harry's leg. Harry bit his lip, unsure of what to say. "Trust me Harry, the least thing you could do is leave. Niall needs you as much as he needs me, that much as obvious." Liam shrugged and Harry felt a little better.

"He's gonna be okay, y'know? Him and the babies." Harry grinned and Liam's mouth twitched a little. "I know." He didn't sound too convinced, even a little sad. "Liam," Harry called and Liam looked up.

"Look, he nearly died in high school remember? And he pulled through that okay." Harry pointed out but Liam stared emotionlessly ahead. Harry honestly couldn't imagine what Liam was going through right now. He could tell Liam was scared even though he chose not to show it and that's why he was so protective of Niall. He had a reason to be like this, unlike Luke.

"Look, we both want the same thing right? We both want Niall to be okay," Harry spoke and Liam nodded firmly.

"Well, he is Liam. I don't think you're giving him enough credit. He's in good hands, isn't he? I mean, he's in Jo's hands now. I'd rather he was in Jo's hands than with someone we barely even knew. And he's got us, he's got his family. He's got your family. And best of all, he's got you. That's all he's ever gonna need." Harry promised and Liam's lip quivered a little.

"I just...I just don't think we're taking it too well." Liam sniffed, staring into space. "Taking what well?" Harry frowned. "The loss of our first baby," Liam answered simply, his watery eyes on Harry whose stomach churned at the thought. "Oh."

"I mean, I know it's been a while back that actually happened, but...it's taken a while to get over it y'know? And I still think we're grieving though because we've been tiptoeing around each other ever since. I keep trying to talk to Niall, I keep trying to get close to him but he doesn't seem to listen to me. We don't talk as much as he used too, but it's always you, Harry. It's always you he listens to and I understand that. But it just wish...I wish he'd stop avoiding me and start talking to me again, like he used to. Before that happened, we used to stay up and talk all night. We talked about everything. We told each other how we felt, we talked about our future. Half the time I feel I don't even know who he is anymore." Liam shrugged, wiping the stray tears that leaked down his face.

Harry was silent. He really felt bad for Liam. The way he tried to get Niall to talk, to let him know that he was still there. It was almost heart-breaking. "Liam, you've got to tell him how you feel I mean this is torturing you." Harry emphasised and Liam sniffed, quickly wiping his tears.

"I need to give him space, Harry." Liam replied but Harry shook his head. "No-no-no. You're his husband. You need to be there for him." Harry corrected him and Liam sniffed in reply. Liam knew Harry was right. Of course he was. But he didn't like the idea of hurting Niall.

"Thank you, Harry. Sometimes people need to hear that." Liam laughed nervously and Harry smiled. "Don't mention it." Harry replied and Liam cast a watery smile. All the tears were gone now and he looked a little better. To Harry, it was always strange seeing Liam in a state like this. He guessed he kind of had a nervous breakdown, which was understandable. He just always thought Liam was the tough one out the Horan-Payne family but maybe he was just as scared out the two. If he was, he was a very good actor.

Niall crept down the stairs, listening carefully. "I love him, Harry. I really do." Liam croaked and Niall couldn't help grinning.

"Oh, really? I never noticed," Harry retorted sarcastically, making Liam laugh. "Yeah, I guess we're not the most subtle couples in the world." Liam admitted with a smirk and Harry laughed. "You're allowed to be lovey-dovey, you're a family." Harry teased and Niall's grin grew wider. 

He stepped down on the landing in bare feet, the floor board creaking as he did so and their heads snapped up. Niall's eyes drifted to Liam's sore and puffy-looking eyes. "Liam, have you been crying?" Niall wondered, frowning at his husband.