Jewelry and Reality Checks

**NEW VERSION - EDITED**

Brock's POV

I rolled slightly onto my back as I awoke, a searing pain shooting through my skull and causing me to instantly regret the movement as I did so. Fuck, scotch never agrees with me. I was brought out of my self-loathing thoughts when a warm body followed my backwards movement and rested against my chest.

Oh shit, I cursed to myself as the nitty gritty details of last night came rushing back to me. I glanced down, the sight of Dani's peaceful face a very welcome one despite how much I knew I shouldn't like it. Her eyes were closed and her breathing was even and steady, each puff of air fanning out against my bare chest. My dick jumped to life as she released a content sigh seconds before she burrowed further into my frame. How the fuck do I manage to get myself into these situations? Christ, I wish drunk me had had half a mind to at least put some Goddamn pants on I thought as my boner grew in size, the offending organ beginning to poke again Dani's soft thigh under the covers.

I attempted to hug and roll her off of my body, but my plan completely backfired as she abruptly woke up with a soft gasp.

"What? Oh, shit, you scared me!" she quietly reprimanded, her voice slightly groggy from sleep. "How are you feeling this morning?" she asked, her tongue slipping out to wet her bottom lip. I couldn't help myself as I watched the movement like a hawk. My entire body froze with tension to keep from leaning forward to suck that tongue into my own mouth. Why does it feel like being a complete asshole is the only way to protect myself from her fucking hold on me? Christ. Having her here in my bed was so much different than us co-sleeping in the guest bedroom.

It felt so much more...intimate. Serious.

"My head is killing me," I grunted out honestly, keeping my tone controlled and even to not give away any of my emotions. I pulled my hands away from her body and rolled onto my back, reaching my fingers up to rub at my temples to hopefully ease some of the pounding in my temples.

I blamed the fact that we were still so in-tune with each other's emotions that she immediately caught onto my stand-offish mood and the thoughts running through my mind.

"You invited me to sleep in here. Do you even fucking remember that conversation or were you too fucked up?" she snapped, a hurt expression taking over her features as she threw the covers off of her frame and struggled to pull herself up into a sitting position - I usually helped her with that task each morning. I just swallowed thickly, not wanting to admit that yes, I did remember everything from last night and that I had royally fucked up. Whether that was last night or this morning, I wasn't quite sure. Well - no - I was, I just didn't want to admit it.

"Is that a rhetorical question? I do recall you loving those," I shot back sarcastically. I figured she already probably hated me at this point, might as well drive it home.

"You are fucking unbelievable!" she screamed, whipping around to glare at me as she picked up a pillow from the bed and tossed it at my head. I deflected the hit, just glaring right back, but I couldn't help but notice that the neck-line of the huge shirt I'd put her in of mine last night had ridden down, exposing one of her engorged jiggling tits. Fuck, that's a beautiful sight.

"God, I'm so stupid!" she growled more to herself than to me when she caught me intently staring at her chest. "I should've never let you touch me. I fucking knew it! I...I should've stopped things after our kiss," she cried to herself before yanking the shirt up and effectively covering herself once again, effectively ending my personal peep show.

"Then why didn't you, huh? Why did you let me take you to bed that morning?" I asked, raising my voice.

"Because I'm horny all the goddamn time!" she yelled back, surprising me when her cheeks didn't flame with embarrassment. "You don't even understand how fucking hard it is to say no to the one man you want touching you when that's all your body desperately wants, but your fucking mind knows they're just using you!"