six🎲

"So, are you guys at peace now, or no?" Laura asks, staring between Sergio and Leo. Jaqueline chuckles.

"Why are you asking us?" Sergio replies, rolling his eyes.

"Well, both of you losers are captains of the team," Jaqueline says in a duh tone. Sergio grins at her before discreetly taking her hand underneath the table.

"I don't know what you guys are playing at, but I can high key see the hand holding," Laura says, rolling her eyes.

"I mean, I guess we're okay. Not fully at peace, but we're good," Leo says, smiling.

"Hey, if you're good, I am too," Sergio says, "but excuse me for a second cause I gotta pee."

"Oh my god, Sergio." Laura groans, making the Messi siblings laugh.

"Alright. What's going on with you?" Leo asks, and Laura stares at him strangely.

"What do you mean?" she asks.

"He means, why haven't you been with Cristiano recently?" Jaqueline asks.

"You've been acting weird since we went to the mall. You came back from the bathroom all weird," Leo says.

"I'm fine, guys. Everything is okay," she replies. Lie.

After what Gerard did to her, she realized she didn't love Cristiano like she thought she had. Jaqueline was right.

"Just date Gerard," Leo says, and she glares at him.

"You heard what he said about Sergio. That is not okay. I don't care. It was unacceptable," she says, crossing her arms.

Jaqueline and Leo glance at each other, and then begin to whisper to each other. Sergio comes back, and they quickly disperse from their conversation.

"I heard Gerard Piqué's name come up. Why?" he asks.

"I was just saying how disrespectful what he said about you was," Laura says, side glaring Leo.

"Doesn't he have a girlfriend?" Sergio asks, and Jaqueline and Leo stare at each other, wide eyed.

"I completely forgot about Shaki," Jaqueline says.

"Same here," Leo says, "but she's been gone so long."

"So, he is taken?" Laura asks, smirking at the Messi siblings.

They shake their heads.

"Jaqueline, come with me. We're going to go swimming," Sergio says, taking her hand and helping her stand up.

"And what're we gonna do?" Leo asks, smiling at Laura.

"We can chill here, I guess," she says. She's never, ever been alone with Leo. She was just hoping that it wouldn't be awkward between them.

"So, you and Cristiano aren't together anymore?" he asks, jumping straight into it.

"Were we ever really together?" Laura asks, sighing.

"It seemed like it," he replies. "Look, I'm not sure I wanna know what happened that day at the mall, but if you ever wanna get it off your chest, I'm here."

"Gerard kissed me...and he called me 'baby girl'. I'll admit I was scared."

"He did what? I'm his best friend, and he never told me!"

"You're upset over that? If I were you, I'd be pissed he did that while he had a girlfriend."

"This was well over 2 weeks ago, and I just don't understand why I never knew."

Laura put her hands on Leo's arms to calm him down, scared he was going to have a panic attack.

"Breathe, Messi," she says, and he looks into her eyes.

The bell to the diner rings, and Laura looks up to see Cristiano walk in with Marcelo.

"Don't see me, don't see me," she mumbles to herself. Too late.

"Hey, Laura, can we talk?" Cristiano asks, his brown eyes gently gazing at her.

"Um, sure," she replies, following him over to another booth. She watches as Lionel leaves the diner, and lets out a sigh.

"You've been distant," he says, sticking his hands in his jacket pockets. Laura nods her head in agreement.

"I have, it's true," she says, unable to stare at him.

"Look, I don't know why I ever thought it would be a good idea to date you," he says.

"Are you trying to say that I have problems?" she asks, scoffing.

"No, no, not at all," he says. "It's just, I screwed up our friendship."

"No, we screwed it up. We both didn't say no," she says, staring at him.

"And, I haven't told anyone besides Marcelo, but..." he says, lowering his voice. "I'm not interested in girls."

Laura's mouth opens, and she stares at him. How could she not know this? She had known Cristiano since forever, and she didn't pick up on it.

"You like...Marcelo?" she asks, staring in the Brazilian's direction. He nods his head.

"Don't think any differently of me," he says.

"I won't, but I don't think we'll ever be best friends like we used to be. I'll, uh, see you around, Cris," she says, standing up and walking away.

It was like one of those moments from a movie; it seemed as though sad music was playing and everything was in slow motion. Cristiano watched her walk away with a sad look on his face. He has genuinely liked Laura for a long time, but he has quickly changed when Marcelo approached him. He had never told Laura, and she would need time.

But she didn't want to talk to him. She needed her space. It would take a bit of time for her to process it all; she would never understand it, either.

She needed to go home, and he surrounded by her family and friends... just not Cristiano.

~~~
"So, is it cool if I ask our your sister, Sergio?"

"You like her?"

"So much more than I realized."

••••••••••
Little plot twist here! This is not how I imagined the chapter, but someone in my class kinda inspired me to make it like this.

Vote. Comment. Love💙