Know all about JEE Main - Eligibility, Application Process - Mota Chashma

JEE Main will be conducted in offline mode on 8 April 2018, date for computer based test is yet to be announced. The applications will be available at the official site of JEE Main from 1st December 2017. The interested and eligible candidates can fill the application form through online process. Candidates should check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. No offline process is there for filling the application form. Fee payment can be done either through online or offline both modes are applicable.

JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) is conducted for the candidates who are willing to take admission in engineering courses at undergraduate level

JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) is conducted for the candidates who are willing to take admission in engineering courses at undergraduate level. The organising committee for JEE is CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education). The score obtained by candidates in JEE mains is used for admission at different NITs, IITs, Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs) and other private universities and colleges, so the competition level will be very high for this exam. When a student clears JEE mains then he/she can proceed for JEE advanced to take admission in top Engineering colleges like IITs (Indian Institute of Technology). So, it is very important to fill the online to get the top Engineering colleges in India.

JEE Main Schedule

The JEE Main 2018 schedule and examination is given below. The offline exam will be conducted first, and then the Computer Based Test will be held.

Events                                                          Dates

JEE Main application starts                   1 Dec 2017

JEE main Exam date (Offline)               8 April 2018

JEE Main (Computer Bases Test)        14 and 15 April 2018 (Tentative)

JEE Main 2018 – Application process

The application form for JEE Main can be filled by the candidates in the online mode. The form will be available from 1st December 2017 and the last date will be in first week of January 2018. Candidates should make all the documents ready before filling the application form and they should keep a scanned copy of photograph and signature to be uploaded.

How to fill the application form

There are some steps to fill the online application form.

STEP 1 – Registration

The first step will be registration in which candidates need to provide the basis details like name, email id, contact number etc.

STEP 2- Uploading of Documents

In this step, candidates need to upload the documents required. Here photograph, signature and left thumb impression is to be uploaded.

Specifications for photograph, signature and left thumb impression:

Before filling the online application form for JEE Mains, candidates should keep the scanned copy of these documents ready.

STEP 3 – Payment of Application fee

The application fee can be paid either by using:

· Credit card

· Debit card

· E – challan

STEP 4- Download the acknowledge slip and keep it safe till the process is over.

JEE Main Application Fee

The application fee will be different for different category candidates. Candidates can check the fee before filling the form and make the payment by the procedures given above.

The admit card for the Mains exam will be available in the month of March 2018 and the exam will be held in April 2018. The date for the offline exam has been announced, and the dates for the Computer Based Test are yet to be confirmed.

Conclusion:

For more details regarding JEE Mains 2018, candidates can refer to the official site of Mota Chashma - www.MotaChashma.com. Queries and suggestions are welcomed there.