“I know, sweetie, you too. What have you been doing then?” I asked, setting her down on the floor and crouching to be on eye level with her. She smiled, fiddling with the white lace rim of her dress.

                “I started nursery and I’ve got a boyfriend!” she exclaimed and I chuckled, glancing up at Hunter.

                “Really? What’s his name then?” she blushed, the pink making a bright contrast porcelain skin.

                She muttered something that I couldn’t understand so I smirked, prodding her in the stomach.

                “Come on, Pops, spill the beans.” She stuck her tongue out at me.

                “He’s called Jake,” she announced proudly, sticking her nose in the air. I laughed, shaking my head.

                “Well, he sounds lovely,” I teased. Poppy grinned and then looked up at Hunter who was trying to watch us without looking odd.

                “So, who’s your boyfriend?” Poppy asked, looking up at Hunter with fascination. I was about to tell her that he wasn’t my boyfriend when he knelt down next to me and held his hand out to her which she shook, smiling.

                “I’m Hunter,” he replied softly. I just watched whilst my cousin grinned and hugged his arm stepping back and leaning on my knee. Note to self: If you’re going to crouch down to talk to a child, take your heels off first.

                “I’m Poppy,” she said happily before running off towards the dance floor, giggling. I shook my head with a chuckle, watching Hunter get to his feet. He held out his hand for me with a smirk.

                “If you leave me to fall on my ass again, your shandy is going in your face,” I warned but Hunter just raised an eyebrow. I grasped his hand, allowing me to pull me to my feet and give me my drink.

                “Thanks.” He nodded, taking a sip of his own shandy.

                I looked around the room, trying to recognise members of my family. I could see my granddad standing over with my dad and Ashley whilst Ashley’s parents were over with all the children.

                “You suit a tux,” I replied suddenly when I realised that I’d been checking Hunter out every time I turned around. Hunter raised an eyebrow and then gestured down his body.

                “I know.” I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

                “You’re so modest,” I muttered and he laughed, slinging his arm over my shoulder.

                I stayed with Hunter, leaning into his warmth until my dad came to find us. He was grinning from ear to ear and he pulled me into his arms.

                “Thank you for travelling up, sweetheart,” he murmured into my hair and I smiled, pulling back and gesturing to Hunter.

                “No problem. But you should really thank Hunter, he drove up.” My dad smiled, turned to Hunter and shook his hand.

                “As a thank you, I have someone that I want you to meet.” I grinned, trying to hide my amusement  as my dad led us over to the table were Nigel was sitting.

                “Nigel, I want you to meet Hunter. Hunter, meet Nigel,” my dad introduced before skipping off to his new wife. I was planning on sticking around for a few minutes, making sure Hunter stayed there before going off to find Kenzi.