XI

Once the weekend was over, everyone had to return to school. But they knew that something special was going to happen. Today, they were going to choose their work placements.

Everyone got to school and sat down, but everyone started to swarm Izuku and ask him questions.

Flashback
We interrupt this program for breaking news!

Earlier today, a large gang of criminals attempted to rob an apartment building. One of the criminals had summoned a giant meteor to destroy everything. But at the last moment, a young teenager who was identified as Izuku Midoriya, the same teen who had won all the events at the recent UA Sports Festival jumped up and completely destroyed the meteor with a single hit, saving the entire city!

Flashback End

Before Izuku could answer any of the questions, Aizawa entered the room and silenced everyone while making them go to their proper seats.

"Today we you will be choosing your work placements. During the Sports Festival, the pros would tune in and decide which students they would want to mentor. And they would give votes on who they're interested in. This who did not receive any votes have 40 companies to choose from." Aizawa explained, then he wrote all the students who had votes and how many they got. Izuku only got 3 votes while Todoroki and Uraraka had 20. Bakugo had 15.

'I only got three votes...' Izuku thought to himself.

"Midoriya.." Aizawa called. "Although you only got three votes, over 20 pro-heroes send these clips." Aizawa said as he pulled out a remote, making a computer monitor pop out from the roof. It opened to show a montage of clips from pro-heroes. It first showed Kamui Woods.

"Izuku Midoriya? Forget asking him to work under us! We should be asking him if we can be his sidekicks!"

Then it showed Mt. Lady. "~Hey Izuku-kun. Call me up if you ever need a sidekick ;)"

Then it showed other pros asking if they can be HIS sidekicks, which pissed off Bakugo and amazed the entire class.

'The pros are asking to be sidekicks!?'

"Now, here are your application forms." Aizawa said while handing out pieces of paper. "We had to make a special one for you Midoriya since most of the heroes want to be your sidekicks instead of it being the other way around. Now take your time with these, but make sure you pass it by the end of the day."

Izuku then looked at his form to see that even some of the teachers wanted him to work with them. He looked at the ones that voted for him, but he noticed that one of them stood out, it was a name he had only heard of once. Gran Torino.

'From what I remember, he was one of Allmight's members and retired early from being a hero... He's rarely ever mentioned and only a handful know of his existence...' Izuku thought to himself. Then he noticed something on the form, it was a box that was labeled 'none of the choices'. He also noticed a side note saying to talk to the principal if he were to pick that option. He then decided to ask the principal about it. He walked to the office and knocked on the door.

"Come in!" He heard the principal say from the other side.

He opened the door to see the principal, a bear-rat creature with a great intellect, sitting on his chair.

"Hello principal Nedzu, I came to ask regarding this one option on the application form."

"Ah... You mean the 'none of the choices' option? Well you see, we've monitored your speed and strength and decided that you your good enough to handle villains by yourself."