03.

Chapter Three.

"Start sticking up for ya'self cause you'll get eaten alive out here if you don't and das fa damn sho'." — Qadir N. Bukhara

November 15th, 2011
Baton Rouge High School

"So are you going to text me back?"

Citrus let out an inaudible sigh before slamming her locker door shut. She only wanted to head to first period before the early bell rung. She hated to be caught up in the mob once the late bell rang, because then everything became entirely too crowded and she was far from a people person.

"Why every time I see you, you got this mean ass look on ya' face? You don't talk to nobody buh' the twins, you kno' I ain't never heard you speak befo'?"

Citrus scrunched up her nose. This boy...whoever he was had bad breath and for him to be leaning all up in her vicinity was disrespectful in itself.

"Move back please," She softly whispered mushing him in his chest, the boy sucked his teeth before stepping back a couple steps.

He stuck his fingers into his pockets and looked around the hallway.

Citrus could tell she was wearing his patience thin but nobody told him to come over here and bother her. She only wanted to head to class without anyone pestering her.

"Here," She reached into her Abercrombie and Fitch tote bag that Modi gifted her for her fifteenth birthday. She took her time rummaging through it a bit before she stumbled upon what she was looking for, "Your breath stinks," She extended her hand out which held a stick of juicy fruit gum.

The boy looked her up and down before his whole demoner switched up. He swiftly knocked the gum out her hand before roughly pushing her into the
lockers,

"Fuck you! You fuckin' stuck up ass bitch. I ain't stunting ya' ass in the first place. I tried to get ya' number as a bet but you too black anyways," He spat before mugging her and storming off.

Citrus looked around as a couple bystanders snickered. She was genuinely confused on why the guy responded that way. She felt tears knocking at the back of her eyelids but she quickly sucked them up. Pushing her thick bifocials up off her nose, Citrus leaned down and scooped up the gum before tossing it back into her bag. She then made her way towards first block with her head hung low. She dreaded going there because it was the only class she had to endure without the twins by her side.

She often got ridiculed and teased at the most, during English ten. When it was a known fact that if the twins were by her side she would've remained left alone and unbothered.

After losing her grandmother, the only family she had left. Social Services placed a ten year old Citrus in Motrise's care. Though at ten, Citrus couldn't understand why they would allow the women who later on married her grandmother's killer, take her into full custody. Yet, it was written in her grandmother's will.

Carla had this all planned out from the day Noel died. She wanted her granddaughter to be around those who made her most comfortable. Of course she didn't plan on being killed by a person she looked at as a second son. Though, knowing Carla with her even being dead; she couldn't hold an ounce of hate in her heart. Her soul had forgiven Dewayne a long time ago.

However, Citrus was very much living and Citrus had not.

She blamed him for majority of her unhappiness. She blamed him for destroying her soul and her humanity. She put him at fault for leaving her with such a love sick woman such as Modi. For the life of her she could not understand how somebody could be so weak and ill minded when it came to somebody or something. Dewayne was a terrible human being who used Modi's weakness as an advantage.