Life without you

“Hi Harvey! I miss you”

“I miss you, too Melody”

It seems like he is just infront of me. Me and Harvey having a video call right now.

“How was your day”- Harvey

“Oh, me and my cousins went shopping, had been touring through London. Ang ganda pala ditto”

“Hmmm. You might don’t wanna come back to the Philippines”

“Pero the Philippines has more hidden beauty”

“So soon classes will be starting. I hope you won’t encounter many difficulties there”

“Yeah, I am kinda nervous when I think about going to school with strangers”

“Haha. You will get to know them naman”

“Haha Yeah, but life would be easier with you by my side”

“C’mon, we will be together after our studies”

After our conversation, Harvey decided to go to sleep because it was already midnight in the Philippines. How I wish tomorrow would be my graduation. I can’t wait to go back to the Philippines.

Years passed by. I and Harvey still kept in touch. I have found a lot of new friends who are aspiring fashion models. We were told by our instructors that after our graduation, we will have a great chance of becoming a famous model and that we will be travelling around the world due to the upcoming contracts. But I thought of not accepting any offers. I would just go back to the Philippines and apply for any TV or commercial model. It would be easy for me to get a job in the Philippines since I studied in Europe. And I could be with Harvey whenever I want to.

Harvey’s POV

It’s been almost four years since me and Melody has been apart. Soon she will be coming back to the Philippines. But I will be having a busy life ahead with me and the band. I love what I am doing right now. I hope that Melody will understand that I won’t be having enough time to spend the whole day with her.

“Hey Harvey, what are you thinking about” – Bryan, the vocalist our our band

“Ugh. Nothing important”

“Alright. We still need to practice for our next gig. C’mon get up. You have to concentrate now.”

Bryan is right. I should concentrate. I have been thinking too much about Melody lately, about how our future’s gonna be. It’s not the right time to think. Concentrate. Concentrate, Harvey.

Melody’s POV:

“Miss Castillo, a lot of model agencies have been impressed with your performances in school. They all want to hire you. You’re such a lucky girl and you made the school proud with your talents.”

“Uhm. Ma’am Brown, I actually don’t want to accept any of those offers.”

“But why?”

“Uhm. I want to go back to the Philippines. I want to work there.”

“But this is your opportunity to see the world, to gain experience.”

“Yes, ma’am, but I have my personal reasons. I really don’t want to accept any offer.”

“Well, if you are really sure about your decisions, then I have no choice but to tell the agencies that you reject their offers.”

“Thanks, ma’am”

I wish I could accept these offers, but I can’t wait to be with Harvey. Accepting the offers would only be a hindrance. No, I won’t accept the offers. There is only a few days to go before the graduation. I’m so excited. After that I can go back home to the Philippines. I have not told Harvey that I will be going back the following day of my graduation. I want to surprise him. Oh, I need to go home now. I still want to talk to him.

“Hi Harvey! How was your day?”

“Ugh. I am so tired. We had long hours of practicing for gig. By the way, your graduation will be in a few days. When are you coming home?”

“Uhm. I guess I will be staying a week here after graduation to get my papers ready”

I didn’t tell him that I am already well prepared to go home.

“Oh okay. Can’t wait to see you. Melody, I am going to sleep now. I have to get up early tomorrow”

“Oh okay. Good night.”

“Good Night.”