Chapter 2 - Lunch

The trio had just finished eating their meals.

"This restaurant looks very expensive, Director. I didn't realize we were going to have lunch in such a beautiful place," Isabelle said.

"It isn't expensive when you have a lot of money, my dear!" the director laughed.

"You are a very successful man. Again, I am so pleased to be able to work in your hospital, Sir."

The director's cell-phone began to ring.

"Pardon me. I must take this call," he said, standing up from his seat.

"Mr. Wyatt, how long have you been working in this hospital?" Isabelle asked.

"What are your real objectives here, Ms. Kingston?" he questioned.

"Excuse me?"

"From all the hospitals, why did you choose to work in this one?"

"A friend of mine told me about this hospital. She told me that it was a good place to work at."

"I hope that is the only reason why you came here, Ms. Kingston. It's just strange that you'd come all the way from California to work here in New York. Also, call me Charles instead. Return to the hospital once you finish," he said.

"I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to work in New York. You would even consider it as my ambition and dream to work here," she argued.

Charles smirked and shook his head. He placed money on the table to pay for the food. He stood up and left Isabelle alone.

What the hell is his problem? Does he really know why I'm here? I need to be careful when I'm around him, Isabelle thought.