XXVI.

My fingers flew across my the screen of my phone as I weaved through the crowded school hallway, my focus entirely on the conversation I was having with Jade. Well, argument really.

She was insisting that Chanel was better than Versace, which made her more of a nutcase than I originally thought. Sure Chanel was seen as the superior brand, but Versace's designs were on a level Chanel just did not touch.

I stumbled back when I bumped into what felt like a brick wall.

"Ugh, can you watch where you're go-," I paused when I saw it was Lucas and rolled my eyes. "Ew."

I stepped around him, ignoring whatever he was beginning to say and continued yelling at Jade in my messages.

"Juliet," Lucas said, coming up next to me. "Can we talk?"

"Fuck off, Lucas," I said, my eyes glued on my screen. "I'm in the middle of something pretty important."

"Come on," he grabbed my arm and pulled me to the side of the hallway.

"Excuse me," I slapped his hand away and glared at him. "Do not touch me."

"Jules," he sighed, his blue eyes showed hints of exasperation. "It's been a few weeks now. Aren't you done with the temper tantrum?"

"It's not a temper tantrum, Luke," I crossed my arms across my chest. "I meant it when I said I was done with you. You broke my heart for goodness sake. Did you really think that was something I would let slide?"

"To be quiet honest I didn't know you had a heart to break," he said seriously.

"Oh, that's funny," I moved to walk away, but his arm slipped around my waist to hold me in place. "What did I say about the touching?"

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry," he said sincerely. "Really and truly sorry. You're absolutely right, I should have never messed around with Stac-"

"Don't say her name in my presence," I warned him.

"Her," he corrected himself. "I should have never messed around with her. It was stupid and wrong and it was a complete downgrade from you. Anyone is a complete downgrade from you."

"Well, I'm glad you've finally acknowledged you were wrong, and that it doesn't get better than me," I smiled and nodded.

"So...are we good?" He asked hopefully.

"Of course. I'm not one to hold a grudge," I patted his cheek lightly. "We still aren't getting back together though."

"Woah, woah, woah," he tightened his grip on me when I tried to squirm free. "Are you serious?"

"What? Oh, come on, Luke even if I wanted to get back together with you, which I do not, I couldn't. Do you have any idea how bad it would look if I got back with my cheating ex," I scoffed. "I have a reputation to uphold. Plus, I've already deleted every one of your pictures across social media. It's a shut and close case, buddy."

"You are so full of it," he snapped, sounding completely annoyed. "Why are you acting like you haven't cheated on me before?"

"Do you have any proof?" I cocked my head, trying not to smirk. "If not, you shouldn't go throwing around accusations like that. You look unreliable."

"Is it someone else?" He questioned. "Hmm? You found someone else? Is that it?"

Coincidentally enough it was at that moment that Arsen and mousy Ashleigh decided to pass by on their way to class.

He smiled at me as he walked by, and I returned the smile back automatically, lifting my hand in a wave.

When I looked back at Lucas he was giving me a disgusted look.