Bedtime

I stare at him, head lying on his shoulder comfortably. His eyes are closed, his breathing even, chest rising and falling steadily. One strong arm is wrapped around my waist, holding me to his warm side. 

My leg lays over his, my little hand clutching his shirt over his heart. A part feels that if I let go, he'll slip away from me, and that's something I couldn't bare.

 His shaggy dark brown hair is flipped around every which way, a few locks fallen over on his defined facial features. it makes me smile. He's so beautiful.

 For some reason, that I can't fathom, he didn't have a girlfriend. Well, not one he has ever mentioned. 

This makes me happy, and I don't want to share him, I don't want to share the space in his heart.

I know it's selfish, but I want to be his only one, his only girl.

 A soft noise comes the back of his throat and he begins to move his head from side to side. His brow furrows into a cringe and he holds onto me tighter. I stroke his cheek softly when he begins whimpers.

"Shh, it's only a dream"

I murmur. 

I often wonder what he dreams of, and sometimes I can guess by the things he says so faintly under his breath and his facial expressions. Some nights it's a good dreams, he smiles in those. Other times it's nightmares, he grimaces and moves around a lot in those.

"No..no..no"

He repeats, getting louder with each word. I can feel him tense underneath me.He shifts around and the arm that holds me, tightens, restricting my breathing.

Another nightmare. 

I sigh and place my palm against his cheek.

"Blake" I whisper, trying to wake him, it's starting to become hard to breathe with him crushing my lungs into my spine.

"Nnhn"

Turning onto his side, he faces me, his other arm wrapping around me, hugging my even harder. Our bodies are pressed so tightly together it hurts.

I wriggle against him as hard as I can. A small gasp escapes his lips and his eyes fly open.

 His grey orbs reflect the silver of the moonlight shining from the window behind me, they my blue eyes in an intense-yet blank, stare.

"Blake, you're hurting me" I squeak, breathless, still trying to pull away.

 "Oh"

Reality seems to finally hit and he loosens his grip considerably.

"Sorry"

I inhale the much needed air and exhale slowly.

"It was a bad dream wasn't it?" I question softly, not breaking our gaze.

"Yes, horrid"

He groans, pushing his face into the pillow.

"Don't do that, you'll smother" I cheep worriedly, tugging on his shoulder.

He chuckles, taking his face out of the pillow and looking back at me.

"I wouldn't dare smother, because that would mean leaving you" 

He smiles, brushing some wisps of hair out of my eyes. "And if I left, the monsters would get you!"

With this, he attacks me, tickling my sides, I begin to giggle uncontrollably.

"T-There are no such thing as m-monsters, silly" I say through my snickering. He stops and rests his forehead against mine.

"Maybe not the kind that hide under your bed, but there are monsters out there" He cups my face as he states this.

"And I'll never let them hurt my baby sister"

Kissing my forehead, the beautiful boy lays back, hugging me to his chest.

The corners of my mouth turn up and I close my eyes.

'My baby sister...'

I am his, and always will be.