CHRISTMAS'17

[A/N]:

I actually wanted to post this on Christmas day but I realized that [Kisses From Death] is now #1 in Thriller/Mystery.

If you've been with me for quite some time, you'll know that this is my first ever #1 story and I am so very thankful for it. You guys are the absolute best.

I hope you enjoy this *early* Christmas special. I personally like this more than the Halloween one.

xx aurora

K I S S E S ,   F R O M   S A N T A

ADDISON HAD BEEN having the worst day of her life right before her friends had arrived at her door.

Christmas was one of her most beloved holidays, one of joy and giving which she could share with her loved ones. Unfortunately, her parents had received a last-minute emergency call and had to rush off to the airport. Although Addison bid them goodbye with a smile on her face, it was one that did not quite reach her eyes for it had not originated from her heart.

She was devastated.

For all her life, she could remember spending Christmas Day with her parents. It had been a family tradition that Mr. and Mrs. Pilediah were determined not to break but this year was special and the emergency was dire.

Although Addison had not caught what exactly the person on the other side of the phone had said, she could tell by her father's crumpled expression that it wasn't good. He had relayed the message to his wife and she, too, displayed clear signs of worry.

"Is everything alright, mama?" Addison had asked as they hurriedly packed their bags, booking the next flight out of the country.

"It is work-related, darling." Jane Pilediah pressed a kiss on the top of Addison's head before shoving more travel essentials into her handbag. "We'll be back by your birthday, I promise."

"Oh." Addison tried not to show her dismay but she knew it was still peeking through her false grins and semi-bright smiles. "Work comes first. Be careful and come back safe."

That was the last in which Addison saw her parents for the next month or so.

Seated very much alone in the living room of her home, Addison tried her best to get her mind distracted. She imagined the delicious aroma of Christmas turkey her mother would have been whipping up, or maybe the sweet scent of her father's signature hot chocolate. Maybe, right before dinner, the entire family might even bake some cookies together to celebrate the holiday cheer. If they had been celebrating with a few other relatives, they might even have a Christmas party aboard their family yacht.

This year, sadly, did not have any of that.

So instead of spending the festive time like how she normally would, Addison was curled up by the fireplace, her television hanging over on the wall as she dug her hands through the packet of instant popcorn she had heated up. The hot chocolate she had made for herself had long gone cold, it's once tasty cocoa becoming an overly sweet diluted mess of a drink.