tría

SELENE SLEPT ALL night as soon as her head hit the soft pillow. The peaceful sleep that was robbed from her when she was in that lonely island and she surely missed how it felt to sleep. The cold air blew softly from her window as she felt the warmth of the sun hitting her face making her sigh in content.

She slowly opened her eyes and smiled as she found herself inside the emerald room that Paris provided for her. Paris told her last night that he'll announce Selene's arrival to let his small kingdom know that the Princess is alive and Selene felt excited.

She quickly got out of the bed and walked towards the small vanity that matched the room perfectly. She brought her hand up and ran her fingers through her gray hair when a white box caught her eyes.

She slowly ran her fingers through the matte lid before lifting it up to inspect what's inside. A soft gasp escaped from her lips as she saw a beautiful white sleeveless dress with a gold leaf belt. She carefully lifted the white dress that felt like feather to her touch when a white paper fell from the dress.

"What is this?" She muttered to herself as she picked up the paper curiously to see if anyone placed their name in this paper who gave her this beautiful dress.

"You still look beautiful as ever, my lady - A"

A? Who is A? Her eyes lit up as she felt her heart pounding loudly from her chest. Could this be.... Achilles?

Her fingers shook as she felt her eyes stinging, is it possible that Achilles remembered her?

She quickly took a bath and slowly put on the dress that Achilles might have given her. It was so simple that it complimented her natural beauty. She strapped the golden belt around her waist before putting on her old gold sandals to finish her look.

She let her hair down with two skinny strands of braids met at the back of her head to avoid it from covering her face. She glanced at the mirror to check what she looked like for the last time before taking a deep breath and turned the knob of the door to meet Paris.

The hallway was surprisingly quiet at a time like this. She carefully walked out of the room, closing the door behind her softly. Her eyes wandered around the place, smiling to herself as she found a large painting of her brother and Helen who both had a large smile on their faces as they held each other.

Her eyes moved to the painting adjacent to it. Her fingers softly touched the frame of the painting of their family photo. Priam, her father, sat on a golden throne while Selene sat on the right arm stool of her father. Both, Hector and Paris stood beside the throne with a smile on their faces.

Her chest tightened as the painting brought back memories. She still remembers every small details from her home. From the intricate designs of each column of their temples to the lace designs of her room, she still remembers it vividly.

"My lady?" A deep masculine voice called her from behind making her jump slightly. She swiftly turned to see who called her, her eyes widening as she saw Paris' soldier standing in front of her. Was she really that so concentrated with the painting that she didn't even realize that there's someone behind her?

"Did I startle you, my lady?" The soldier asked with playful eyes making Selene shake her head before lifting her head up. Selene's lips parted slightly as she took a good look of the soldier.

He was huge, approximately 6 feet and 7 inches. He was dressed in his armor that slightly covered his sun kissed body. His muscles were very defined, which reminded her of someone she knew very well. His dark hair and brown eyes made him look even more intimidating than he already was and this man in front of her is undeniably gorgeous.

"What brings you here?" Selene asked, her eyebrows furrowed as she looked at the soldier who just appeared behind her. Selene couldn't help but to take notice how strong his presence is but she payed no attention to it.

"I am sorry for the interruption, my lady, but King Paris requested you to join him for breakfast" The soldier slightly bowed at her but quickly straightened his back to meet her eyes again. The soldier tried to hide his amused smirk as he saw her wearing the white dress that he gave her. He was right. Plain dresses enhances her natural beauty a lot. She didn't even need to put on any make up to show everyone that she's beautiful, unlike the goddess that he knew very well.

"Oh. Thank you" Selene nodded. "I am sorry for being rude, my name is Selene"

The warrior smirked at her and raised his eyebrows. "I know who you are, my lady"

Selene felt her cheeks heat up as the warrior intently looked at her. "And you are?" Selene couldn't help it. He is very interesting and she knew deep down that she wanted to know him more.

"Ares.." The warrior said as he looked at Selene.

"My name is Ares, my lady"

-

This chapter is written so bad but I want to write an update for you guys! Please comment what you guys feel about this chapter because I really need some motivation! Thank you everyone!