chapter 3

Chapter 3

"Oh mother, I missed you so much, and you'll never believe what I found out..." I stopped hugging her and took a step back. What was wrong with her? Why wasn't my mom hugging me back? She's probably still in shock, otherwise she would have hugged me back, right? So many questions were whirling around my head that I forgot about the hot, young guy who was standing next to my mom, with his arms around her waist...

His arms around HER WAIST?

WTF? And HOT too? Since when did she have a hot boyfriend? He doesn't look like the guy she left my dad for...

"ermm...Raven?" the hot guy said.

"Just give me a moment honey," my mom said, turning her face to place a wet, sloppy kiss on his mouth, tongues and everything. I mentally started to gag. I mean, that was just gross, not only because she was my mom, but also because the guy/boy looked so damn young, that I couldn't help but think that he was more likely be dating girls my age and not hers, imagining me instead of her, in his strong looking tanned arms...

Eww that's grosser then them kissing. I made a mental note to never think intimate thoughts about any of my mom's boyfriends again.

As I came out of my day dream, I realised my mom was there staring at me.

"What? Don't you remember me?" I asked

"Stacey? Wow you've grown up. How old are you now? 15? 16?"

I couldn't believe what I just heard. And I'm not talking about the fact that she asked for my age, even though that kind of hurts too, no, it was how she reacted to seeing me for almost 14 years, coming up with only an "wow how old are you?". No hugs. No kisses.

I felt stung. How could she abandon me for a guy/boy, and not even feel ashamed about it, as she so sexually proved just then. I started to get angry then, how dare she leave my dad and break his heart for a dumb guy who looks as if he just graduated from high school?

"Is Alex my birth dad?"

Yes I came right out and said it. That's what anger does to me, along with the icy voice. Also the urge to kick something, but, thankfully, I was able to control that urge.

"no." she just said, calmly, like we were just having a normal conversation, and not one that involved my future life.

I was so shocked that it took me a few long seconds to realise that my mouth was hanging open, letting a few flies explore around. That was the thought that brought me back to the present.

"What?" I just asked, dropping my icy voice to the one that I use when I'm totally confused, aka like right now.

"He isn't your real father, and before you ask, i am your real mother. I've got tapes of me giving birth if you want to see and check...no? Okay good just wanted to get that out of the way, so, what do you want to know?" Raven, my mom, asked.

"Explain."

"Okay well I'll tell you how you ended up living with a man who you assumed was your dad. When I was around your age, 15, I got pregnant, Tomas, his name was. I had met him at this new club; I was the type to like partying and everything..."

I didn't dare interrupt her, even though I felt like screaming at her to get on with the story. I was scared that if I said anything she would stop talking.

"Well anyway, I and a bunch of my friends went to check it out, all dressed up and glamorous. I was dancing when I first saw him. He stood out from the crowd, and not because he was so good looking, it was the way he was standing, sober and not wasting himself like a lunatic like most of the guys around him. He was the only sober one from his friends, just like I was the only sober one from my friends. It was love at first sight. He was just so fine, that I ignored the rule of letting the boy make the move first and just rushed over to him. We started talking, him with his sexy Italian accent, and me with my normal American accent, and found a lot of stuff in common that i thought, wow I HAD to have him.