fifteen

* * *

TODAY WAS THE FIRST DAY MALEA WOULD BE TRAINING WITH PETER. She wasn't exactly sure how it would turn out, seeing as she hadn't even had a proper conversation with Peter yet. And, judging by the way that Tony was approaching Peter a small while back, she could tell that he could sure be on the defensive side when it was needed.

They agreed to meet at the gym. It was a Saturday, so Malea had made sure to get all of her school assignments done beforehand as well.

Malea sat on the bench at the gym, waiting. The agreed time of meeting was 12:30. She checked her watch. 12:29. Her foot tapped continuously against the soft mesh of the training mat.

She didn't know why she was being so paranoid. Peter was just some other guy. However, he was the first person she was gonna train. And maybe it was the fact that he had come to her rescue a couple of times before that had added onto the pressure. Training someone who had already saved you? It seemed kind of disproportionate to Lea. Or maybe it could have just been nerves from doing something new.

Finally, Malea noticed someone enter the gym, specifically, Peter. He was only three minutes late.

"Hey," he said casually, dropping his bag down onto the bench. "Sorry I'm late, ran into some trouble with Aunt May."

"Don't worry about it, its fine." Malea said in return, a faint smile on her face. She waited until Peter had gotten ready for the training session before continuing.

"Right, so what's the plan?" Peter asked as he came into position next to Malea.

Malea clapped her hands together. "Well, we are going to do a quick warmup, you know, a bit of running, we can stretch it off, then my focus for today is to just teach you basics of self defence."

Peter nodded his head, understanding the programme. "You know, considering I'm probably your first trainee, you're taking this quite calmly. I would be all over the place."

Malea raised an eyebrow. "Honestly? I'm freaking out. I could barely sleep last night."

Peter couldn't help but laugh. But it was true. Malea literally got little to no sleep. Her entire night was spent pondering over what she was going to do, and she only managed to plan past the warmup.

"Well, it's fine. Just take your time, I know it's your first time training someone so there's no need to rush anything." Peter said. Malea smiled with gratitude.

"Alright, go run some lengths of the gym to start with, I'll join you in a second." She said. Peter did as he told, and Malea then ran with him afterward.

By the end of the full warmup, they were both out of breath, and to add on, Malea was impressed. "That bite must have done you some good, I've never seen anyone with a stamina that strong." She said in between pants.

After they had gained a bit of strength back, Malea began on the proper training.

"So, it's obvious that you have your 'Spider-senses' as your defence, but what happens when you don't? I need to teach you the basics of self defence, and we can build it up from there." Malea began, and Peter nodded, standing up from the bench.

"Right, how exactly are you going to catch a punch?" She asked. Peter got Malea to demonstrate so that he could apply the technique on her, and there were a couple of technical faults with the way he caught her punch. "When you catch the punch, you need to extend your fingers all the way so that you can control your opponents' fist better. Like so," she demonstrated on Peter.

Within the next two hours, Peter had learned quite a lot of new stuff. Such as, how you're not meant to land anywhere on your neck, head or spine to avoid paralysis, as well as making sure to kick something with your foot completely flat to make sure your toes don't bend in on itself and go rigid.

Also, by the end of their first training session, Malea and Peter felt somewhat closer. It no longer felt like they were just people who pass each other in school hallways, but it seemed like they had a chance of being friends.

"So, how'd I do?" Malea asked Peter as they were exiting the gym.

"Considering it was your first time, I'd say you did brilliantly." Peter smiled.

"Thank you. I guess I'll see you in school?" Malea smiled back.

"Definitely."

Now, Malea had a feeling she was going to enjoy this time with Peter.

*                    *                    *

ahh my babies :') enjoy this lil scrap while i continue binge watching agents of shield ;)