The Barn.

This is beginning to get frustrating, you know you've seen that guy before but you can't make out who he is from this distance and you don't want to risk getting too close.

He's obviously male but he's too tall to be Luffy, he doesn't look like Ace or Sabo since the hair's too short and he's too slim to be Bellamy, Kid or Killer. A frown etched into your features as you study the figure further.

He doesn't have Drake's build, Law's hat or...wait. Could it be Zoro?

The mystery man eventually leads you to an abandoned barn house, your heart freezing in your chest from fear as watch him from behind a tree. The building looks old and dark, it's almost scary but your curiosity is far too great for you to simply walk away.

You're not particularly afraid of anyone from the orphanage anyway so it shouldn't really matter who it is, you can surely take them on if they try anything. Swallowing your anxiety, you step out from behind the tree and make your way over to the barn's entrance.

The guy you were following flicks on the lights although only one lights up and it's very dim, the rest seem broken but he doesn't seem to care. You can make out the back of his head as he kneels down, sounds like he's whispering to someone or something.

Okay...a bit fucking creepy...

However your brow quirks as you get within reaching distance of the person, their hair is too long to be Zoro's and too dark to be Drake's. It's at this point you start to feel alarmed, you begin to consider the possibility that you've been following a complete stranger all this time.

No, that isn't possible...

A sudden animalisticyelp comes from the guy and within the same second he turns his head slightly, his eyes falling into a glare as they land upon you. But you're happy about this because you know who it is now, the light from the barn only reveals half of the boy's face but that's all you need to see and the fact that he looks so frightened by little ol' you causes a smirk to break out across your face. 

"Hello there, Law~" You chime pleasantly with a small sway in your posture, your worries completely melting away. The guy might be a cocky bastard but he's essentially harmless, his dark brows knitting together as he stands up, shifting a little to try and hide whatever he's keeping inside the shelter.

"What the hell do you want?!" His voice coming out deadly serious for once, he usually sounds so calm and confident in himself. You can already guess that whatever he's trying to hide could get him into some serious shit. 

Oh? Well, isn't this interesting.

"What's that~?" You decide that you're going to toy with this scared little man a bit, your arms folding over your chest as you step closer, watching the tan male's glare deepen with your movements. "You're not hiding drugs in there, are you~?"

Before he even gets the chance to answer, a small bark sounds from behind him, you can practically see sweat already beginning to trickle down his face and his pupils shrinking in complete despair.

Yep, he knows that he's been busted now!

"You have a dog~?!" Your smugness melting away as your heart grows twice it's size, your smirk reluctantly turning into a full-on goofy grin. "AWW, LEMME SEE HIM~!!" Yes, you have a weakness for dogs. It's a problem, really.

Law doesn't refuse but he also doesn't get the chance to allow you to either, the fluffy ball of white fur simply springs around the guy's legs and bounds over to you. You can tell that he's only a puppy, his eyes so innocent and full of life and his tongue hanging out of his mouth excitedly as he reaches your legs.

SO CUTE!!

Of course, by this point you're on your knees, giving the little guy all the love you could possibly muster. Your heart melting away inside your chest as he licks your face and Law looking...on guard.

"What do you want?" He questions simply but he's only ignored since you're far too in love with his little companion to give a rat's ass what he has to say right now. The dog flopping down and rolling over for you as you rub his little belly. "HEY!"

This dog is so damn cute~! And his owner is so damn loud! Shut up, Law!

"Relax," You grunt as you rise back to your feet, the puppy still running around your ankles excitedly, clearly still trying to get your full, undivided attention. "I'm no snitch, your doggy secret is safe with me." 

You decide to set him straight right away rather than have that super long and almost embarrassing conversation about how you followed some stranger, almost got scared of him and then realized who it was. 

Yeah, like I'd tell him that. It'll just give him more ammo to shoot at me.

"Tch." Is the only sound to leave the raven but he doesn't seem to argue with you, turning on his heel before he enters the barn with his puppy and yourself following behind. "You're not to tell anyone about this place. Anyone.

No shit, Sherlock. 

"Whoa~! Somebody's sensitive about his secret la--!" Of course you don't get to finish your mockery because you step on a rake, the metal spikes managing to hurt your foot despite the fact that you're wearing shoes and the wooden part flying straight up and hitting you directly in the face. 

...That did not just happen...

Suddenly you can feel yourself sweating from every pore and your cheeks burning from immense embarrassment, you're undoubtedly about as red as a tomato right now. Taking a step away, the rake drops back onto the wooden floor, your eyes slowly drifting over to Law.

Is there any chance that you didn't see that?

Unfortunately you're met with his eyes and his usual smirk, his worries seeming to have vanished now. "Not a fucking word..." Is all you have to say for yourself, even the puppy is staring at you as if you're a total moron by this point.

Please, just kill me now...

Law merely snickering quietly as he crouches down once again, you can only assume that he was whispering to his dog the last time he did this. The raven pulling some pet food from his backpack before pouring it into a little red bowl.

"I know you prefer the chicken, boy. But beef is all they had." He murmurs with the ghost of a smile on his lips, placing the food bowl down before he fills another bowl with bottled water that he also pulls from his bag. "One day, it'll be better than this."

He's sure dedicated to that little guy.

Suddenly, you remember what Linlin had told you on your very first day here, how some people in this place work their fingers to the bone for a better life. Law must be one of them.

"What's his name?" Your question snatching Law's attention, his brow raised a little as he glances over his shoulder at you, silently asking you to elaborate. Or just not trusting you enough to say. "Your dog, I mean."

Come on dude, just tell me. Like it'll make a difference now.

He holds the silence for a minute before he sighs, his grey orbs turning back toward the pooch instead, watching the little cutie eat his food.

"...His name's Bepo."