Blair

I'm out of breath when I arrive back in the gym. Tense with emotion, I see a stunning Cleopatra chatting Dylan up. Just as I'm about to turn and dejectedly go back out the exit, I realize Connor's lied to me. The bastard's tricked me.

Watching Blair and Dylan's body language, I realize this isn't a flirting scenario. They're not making moves on each other. In fact, when they see me, they both turn and openly smile at me as I walk up to the table. Suddenly, I'm not angry with Connor for planting those seeds of jealousy in my mind. I'm happy he knew how to make me forget about being self consciousness and nervous about returning inside.

"Lizzy, I'm glad you came back!" Blair stands up and warmly hugs me, "Dylan told me you'd return shortly."

This girl would be exotic even without her elegant costume

This girl would be exotic even without her elegant costume. Through her makeup, I see she has mocha skin and large, deep, chocolate eyes. She reminds me of something wild and regal residing in the forest. Still mesmerized by her looks, her next sentence floors me. "So Lizzy, you have a ghost. I saw Donna following you earlier."

Stunned, my mouth hangs open for a minute before I gather my wits to answer. "You can see ghosts?" I'm simultaneously thrilled and shocked.

Blair smiles benignly at me. As if I've asked her what's on the dinner menu. "Not often, but on occasion. I can sense your aura. You have a highly charged vibration that attracts spirits like a magnet." She momentarily looks upwards, searching her mind for an image, then looks at me. "Like a cellphone receptor tower." I frown at her comparison to 5G. "Be careful. They all want to get through to the living, but few can. Donna's different. She's pulling energy off you to remain earthbound."

"Yes, she's been haunting me ever since the accident. I mean she's not trying to scare me. I think she wants me to help her." I hesitate before adding, "I feel sorry for her. For the situation she's in."

Blair's smile conceals her concern. "Don't worry, she won't be bothering you again tonight. I put a binding spell around her."

I'm not sure if I should thank her, or make a hasty retreat. Knowing Donna, once she figures how to break through that spell, she'll be back twice as angry at being tossed out. I look closely at Blair, curious about her heritage. With her dark hair, and glamorous eyes, she could easily pass for the real Cleopatra. She reaches into her gold clutch and pulls out a card. "Here's my aunt's business number. She might be able to help you understand your gift."

Just then Connor saunters up to the table. He looks pleased with his match making skills. "Blair, what happened to your Anthony?"  Something about the way he looks at Blair makes me think of the chivalrous Knight of the Round Table, Sir Lancelot. Observing Connor flirt with Blair, I realize I pegged the wrong person harlot, earlier tonight.

Smiling mysteriously at Connor, Blair shrugs nonchalantly. "I think my escort had a wardrobe malfunction. She nods in the direction of the restrooms. "He's checking his toga."

"Then I see an opportunity to ask her majesty to dance." Rising from the table, Blair and Connor gracefully head out onto the dance floor. Watching them for a moment, I note what an attractive couple they make.

After we're alone again, I offer Dylan a sincere apology. "I'm sorry I ran off on you."

He immediately grabs my hands, giving it a reassuring squeeze. "Don't apologize, Lizzy. I understand how hard it is for you. Blair was just sharing some of her experiences of growing up psychic with me."

Intrigued, I look over at the down to earth beauty queen dancing with Connor. Surprised, I realize she's nice. She's psychic. Maybe she could be a friend.

Thank you for reading!👻