Chapter 91 - Enough

Week 3 vote goal #4: 215  good luck hitting this one with like 12 hours left but hey, you deserve the chance

Dedicated to Aquafauna ~ Alex, you strong <3 

*+*+*+*

The new Luminary was too far for Cryo to identify, but she was walking straight into danger.

Cryo attempted to get closer to her to warn her, but Hydra had noticed the new arrivals, and she wasn't letting help anywhere near the new, unsuspecting Luminary. Cryo reached for his frost but barely managed to pull a puff of snow from the air around him.

"Hello, dear sisters!" called Adande from across the courtyard. "It appears I've been captured. Care to help?"

Aya glanced towards him, a smirk curling her lips upwards. "Of course, dear brother. As soon as you care to explain how we had two girls in silver dresses, though it was the one we didn't capture before that happened to match the description far better than the one we did?"

"Well, everyone makes mistakes, do they not, Aya?"

"Not nearly as many as you, dear brother."

Cryo risked a glance at the new Luminary to see if she might have an ability that could help him.

The majority of her bodysuit was cyan and green scales. Her green hair was pulled into a short ponytail and she had what looked like dark blue and yellow fins sprouting from her hips and back. A small globe of water hovered in front of her, but she looked as if she were putting more concentration into maintaining it than she was watching Adande, who seemed entirely unconcerned at being 'captured'.

Some kind of water based Luminary, Cryo guessed, though which one escaped him. No two transformations were exactly the same, but they shared features.

Hydra was back on him, but as he fought her off, Cryo was still trying to work it out.

The fins... the fins weren't quite right for either Siren or Mer, but they were for--

"Nereid!" called Pegasus from above as he soared in a circle. "Don't get hit by Lightblasters, they block powers!"

The fin-bearing Luminary on the ground, Nereid, gave a small nod of her head.

Pegasus once more perfected the art of crash-landing as he staggered around on the starstone, regaining his hooves and standing beside his partner.

"Hey!" he called out. "You... Serpent lot! We have a hostage! You've lost: surrender!"

As Cryo absorbed a blow from Hydra that left his side aching and sore, Aya's laugh rang out.

"Do you even know what to do with a hostage?" said Aya, more than a little amused. "Go ahead. Shoot him. He's worthless to us anyway."

Silence settled around the sounds of Cryo and Hydra's fight.

"Uh, Cryo?" called Pegasus after a few moments. "What do we do?"

Cryo pushed Hydra back with a kick to the leg. His talons pressed deep into her thigh, causing her to hiss with pain.

"Release him!" yelled Cryo. Then, hoping he wouldn't regret it: "He's on our side!"

"Oh dear, Adande, darling!" said Aya. "I wonder why they think you're on their side? Someone appears to have caused a tragic misunderstanding, though I can't imagine how."

"Done!" called Pegasus. "What now? DragonFae and Golem are a little, uh, they aren't doin' so crash hot at the gate."

Banshee. He needed Banshee, but there'd still been no taps, no nothing. He didn't even have a guarantee that she hadn't simply gone Dark, but even if she had, Cryo had a feeling that she'd have charged straight into the fight as her civilian self regardless of the situation.