Chapter 13 - In Sickness And In Health

ابدأ من البداية

"Uh... Ma'am...", came the voice of his PA from the other end.

Anushka stopped short as she felt something amiss in the voice and asked,

"What happened? Is everything alright? Where's Prabhas?"

"Ma'am, Prabhas Sir is being taken to the City Hospital now"

Anushka had stopped midway. She took a few seconds to comprehend the words she heard. Her palms sweat.

"What happened?", she asked, her voice barely audible.

"He has badly injured his shoulder."

Anushka knew this would happen one day. She didn't wait for a second and turned and started walking to the opposite direction. The airport staff came running towards her asking what the matter was.

"I'm not traveling today. My assistant will do the formalities of cancellation", said Anushka as she rushed out of the airport.

Prabhas had had a few minor injuries on his shoulder and it pained him often. She as well as others had insisted him a thousand times to consult it with a doctor. It was after much persuasion that he agreed upon it. The doctor had said that a surgery was absolutely necessary but Prabhas had delayed it in the name of work commitments, even though SSR and others had asked him to undergo the operation.

Prabhas never really liked visiting doctors. The truth was that he never cared much about himself until and unless it was unavoidable.

"But how can I make him understand that I need him to take care of himself!", thought Anushka to herself as she reached the hospital.

Anushka rushed to the VIP section of the hospital. There was SSR, Shobu, Valli, Rana and a couple of Prabhas' personal staffs at the lobby. Everyone were surprised to see Sweety there, who was supposed to be catching a flight to Bangalore at the moment, to attend a wedding she was much excited about.

She frantically looked at their faces and then she saw the red light glowing outside the Operation Theatre. She looked at them again, her eyes brimming, and face panic-stricken.

Valli came towards her and put her hands around her shoulders and made her sit down.

"He'll be okay. It's just a one hour surgery. Then he'll be good as new", comforted SSR.

Sweety nodded her head, biting her lips hard, trying not to cry. She could taste blood in her mouth, but the tears escaped her eyes nevertheless.

"How did it happen?", she whimpered.

"During an action sequence.", said Rana. He was wearing a t-shirt upon the costume as they had to rush Prabhas to the hospital.

Anushka sat disturbingly and depressingly silent in a corner throughout the time of surgery, only her lips quivering in prayer.

The doctors had came out after almost two hours and said that Prabhas was okay and he will be shifted to the room shortly. He needed to give complete rest to his shoulder for 3 months. It was only then Anushka had taken a sip of water to her mouth.

When she entered the room, she saw Prabhas lying on the stark bed, his shoulder was plastered securely and an IV connected to his hand with the drip. His bare chest rose and fell in a rhythm as he slept.

Anushka slowly and quietly went near him. She couldn't bear to see him so weak and vulnerable. She controlled her tears and felt choking in her throat. She gently put a hand on his forehead, slowly running her fingers through his tousled hair.

Prabhas frowned and opened his eyes. It took time for him to focus on her face. His voice was barely audible and drowsy because of the anesthesia.

"You're here...", Prabhas mumbled with a smile.