Chapter 26: Last Few Minutes On Earth.

A little change: In the movie I am pretty sure they were all based in England after the whole London Eye incident. But in this in hinted they had returned to USA. 

You will see why :) 

xxx

SSC

Elise stared down at Jeremy’s sleeping expression. She remembered the first few days when he was in his coma. The bandages were wrapped around his head, one eye was badly bruised and he had a busted lip.

Eli was shocked at first but then she was enraged.

But now, nearly an year later, staring down at his sleeping form. Elise didn’t know how to feel.

Jeremy had a square face, high cheek bones and a beautifully curved mouth. His upper lip was a little bigger than this lower one. She always liked that shape of his mouth, it gave the appearance of a fuller mouth and he looked so dashing when he smiled.

Elise sat on the stool beside his bed. She was in her black leather jacket, grey tank top and blue jeans. She took in the sight of his thick light brown brows, closed eyes and his long dusky eyelashes. She remembers the girl that she used to be, so smitten by her uptown boyfriend.

Jeremy was from New York, she knew that the moment he had walked into her boxing gym in Brooklyn.

He had looked so out of place with his white polo shirt, designer pants, perfectly groomed hair and high cheeks bones that showed off his affluent background. Elise first thought was that he was lost, but then she overheard him telling Marcel the owner that he was looking to join.

She had scoffed, he heard and then their eyes met.

It wasn’t love at first sight. He stared at her with such a rich blue, puppy dog eyes that immediately that overwhelmed her. Naturally to cover up her insecurities, she glared and startled him.

Elise didn’t think she would ever have to talk to him, until Kevin had to go and befriend the man like a boy scout. But then things turned, Elise still didn’t know how but Jeremy had gotten under her skin. With his soft blue eyes, doting smile and deep drugging kisses. 

The relationship wasn’t perfect, there were rocky roads and turbulent days but it was the longest she had had and she didn’t think she would feel the same way about anyone else.

Anyone except Johnny Storm.

“Ugh.” She groaned and buried her face into her open hands. Her head was still a mess from the fight she had with him earlier.

Reed had excused them all from any Fantastic Five duties. General Hager had rudely insisted that the ones who were not working on the plan to bring down the Silver Surfer, to stay behind. Within their allocated rooms in the army base.

No one really felt like listening to the uptight General and if the end was near. Elise didn’t want to stick around when she could be out seeing her friends for the last time.

She was shrugging on her leather jacket when Johnny Storm had knocked on her door. She told him to enter and he did.

He had a giant smile plastered on to his face, eager to invite her to the bar, him and Ben were planning to go to. But the sight of her dressed up dulled his enthusiasm.

 “Where are you going?” Johnny asked his chestnut brows were knitted together in confusion.

Elise turned to face him, but her gaze was a far, trying to remember where she placed her cell phone.