Chapter 1

Aria's POV:

I finally just got off the plane, my feet ached and my body was tired. The flight from Brazil was too long; but despite that I was way to excited to be in America for the first time, especially New York.

I rushed down the aisle after I boarded and bumped into a couple people along the way.

"Sorry" "S-sorry" were basically all the words you would here coming out of my mouth. I was so nervous and excited to meet my new family for the next couple of months.

I was frantically walking around with my 4 huge suitcases, all packed to the brim with my american clothes. I looked like really worried it was kind of sad.

I was walking around the airport looking for a seat near exit "C45" because thats where I was meeting my new family. They will take me in as one of their own, as I attend the internationally know, Colombia University.

I still cant believe that I was able to make it into that University as an international student, the chances of that were beyond rare. I mean im only 18 years old, and I dont even live in America..Maybe it was my ability to speak fluent english, as I was bilingual. I just cant stop thinking how grateful i am, and thankfully I had a family willing to take me in, and support me till i could go off and live my own American dream.

I looked at my watch and it read "9:15" AM they should be here any minute, i thought, feeling butterflies arise from my half empty stomach.

America is honestly beautiful to my left and right, I can already see building galore, towering way past what i could see from just standing here , I cant wait until I explore the city of New York.

"SILVA" "SILVA" I heard a chauffeur calling my last name. He was a tall man, with slick black hair in his Middle Ages. holding up a sign with my last name written on it. I quickly grabbed my bags and went up to him.

"Hi, I am Aria." I gave him a small smile.

"Hello there Aria, let me take those bags for you." He returned the small gesture. "My name is John,"

We walked out of the airport. It was spring time so it was kind of chilly outside. I grabbed my coat as the cold rush of wind hit me. I can hear the vehicles, specifically the yellow taxi's beeping and people shouting for them to stop.

As John, the chauffeur put my luggages in the trunk of the black escalade 2014, I climbed into the comfortable car and was hit by the warm air conditioning.

During most of the car ride, I was looking out the window at this beautiful city. John was quietly playing some classical music, not my favorite, but it will do.

After a while I spoke up "is there anything i should know about this family?"

He gave a small chuckle "they are one hell of a family," he paused "two out-going parents, 5 daughters and 1 son."

This is going to be one hell of a ride i thought to myself.

We drove up to this house with these Gates, It looks like an estate. John typed in a code and the gates opened with a light hum. I felt my jaw drop as we drove into the property, there was a marble fountain in the middle of the drive way, John carefully steered and parked so my door opened at the white marble stone steps, leading up to a grand chocolate brown door.

"Okay darling, you can get inside now. Im going to grab your bags." John said.

"alright, thank you John" I say, I think he could hear the awe in my voice, as he chuckled getting out of the car.

As soon as I got out of the car, and knocked on the door bigger than the vehicle i came in, I was greeted by a huge family. They were all so beautiful and so rich. I've never seen something like this where i come from, I wasnt necesarily poor, but this was royalty i would mistaken.