Chapter 4: You Look Cute

I sank into the plush leather seats, breathing in the fresh smell of the car and taking in the situation. Tom was still outside, yelling a slew of colorful profanities that seemed to not have affected me the slightest bit. I knew that if I were outside I would probably be scared shitless but since I am in the comfort of Tommy’s car I’m not. Instead I am partying with his awesome stereo system in his car.

Tom knocked on the window for about the hundredth time, his soft words pleading to me. “Please Ray, just please come out. Don’t hurt my baby, she’s the only thing I’ve got!”

I smiled, turning up the volume to drown him out. One Direction’s new hit single was on and I knew it irritated him to the fullest capacity. That was when Tommy snapped. He whipped out his phone and started talking to someone on the other end of the line. Then his eyes met mine, their crystal blue gaze ready for something unknown to me.

And then it happened, the doors unlocked without my permission and the driver’s door busted open before I could even think about locking it. Within seconds my body was firmly pressed against the side of the car, Tommy’s hands grasping my forearms tightly. “I told you you wouldn’t like the way it ends.”

“Oh, you think its ending? This. Is. Just. The. Beginning.” I smiled up at his eyes. We were so close, so damn close. I could feel him, not his hands around my arms, not his breath upon my face, not his gaze on my eyes, no. Him. I felt him, his heart behind the layers of clothing, the shiver of his skin, the tremble oh his chest. the shift in the air. Everything was so known to me, like I was hyper aware of everything he was experiencing.

Tom backed away, letting me go as he took a shaky breath, his fingers racking his hair. His crystal blue gaze found mines and in that short second the battle whether to say yes or no was visible in his eyes.

I licked my lips, pulling his attention there.

He shifted forward, ready to say yes.

I blushed.

Megan called my name.

He backed away, already down with the no.

Megan was by the car in seconds, her breath visible in the chilling night. “Hey we’re missing the movie.” She looked between Tom and I. I knew she noticed the blush on my cheeks but she wasn’t the prying type.

I looked at Tom, waiting to see if he’d stop my departure. Megan tugged on my wrist, ripping my gaze away as I walked forward, away from the car. I sighed, disappointed.

“Rachelle! Wait!” it was Tommy!

I turned around just in time to watch his for jog over to me, a grey jacket in his hand and my cell phone in the other.

“Here, you forgot this,” he handed my phone over to me. An electric current ran through me when our fingers touched. I shuddered. “Here,” it was his varsity jacket. “It’s cold out here.” He smiled down at me, and then he bent down, the tips of his nose rising up from the side of my cheekbone to my temple, brushing my blonde hair away. Two soft warm lips pressed against the side of my face, burning my skin with a severed sensation. I bit my lip as he spoke, “I really am sorry, I’ll be better next time, I promise.” He sounded like a little boy which seemed hotter than I expected. And then he pulled away, the cold air shifting into the vacant space he once occupied.

“Are you done?” my skin sprang from my bones. I totally forgot that Megan was still holding onto my wrist.

“Yes.” I smiled; face hot with embarrassment and content.

We entered the theatre and watched the movie.

It was about love.

~