Chapter 3

I had fallen asleep for who knows how long but woke up from the door opening. "Up, princess." His voice called. I didn't move or even open my eyes. I just laid there, pretending to be asleep. "I know you heard me, pup." He snarled and kicked me in the side. I gasped at the pain, coughing in the process. "There you go. Morning, sunshine. How are ya?" He chuckled and placed something down in front of me. "There's your dinner. Hope you like it." His footsteps walked away from me. "Night, pup." He laughed and the door locked and closed.

I opened up my eyes and saw a bowl and a piece of bread. I reached up to it and pulled it over to me. Once I got it closer to me, I smelled the soup. It was some type of brown, cheesy soup with bread in it and onions. It smelled really good so I took a bite of it. The flavor bursted in my mouth. I took another bite then another and then another. I realized, after I finished the soup, I hadn't had anything since about 9 that morning. And since Darius said dinner, it could have been about 4 or 5 in the evening.

I bit into the bread and it was soft and fluffy. It really didn't taste like anything but I still liked it nonetheless because it was so fluffy. I took a few bites into the bread then shoved the rest of it into my mouth and swallowed it. Sighing, I shoved the bowl away and hugged my knees to my chest. Every time I breathed, the burning pain in my side was growing and lessening with every breath.

I slowly sat up and leaned up against the wall, closing my eyes. How could I let myself get in this situation? I thought to myself and sighed. Only if I stayed with dad this morning... A burning sensation hit my eyes and tears rolled down my cheeks. At first I hadn't thought of my dad. I was trying to get away. But now, I have no idea if I'm going to be able to see my dad anymore. If he'd let me go or if he was going to keep me or rape and kill me. I had no idea what was going to happen to me. Much less if I'll ever see my dad again. I reopened my eyes and looked at the bowl that sat five feet away from me. I reached my foot out and kicked it with my toes.

Deciding to stand up, I walked over to the door and peered out of the small window, only to see a wall on the other side. I wiggled the door handle, a small glimpse of hope the bastard had left it unlocked. But as if I had forgotten he locked it, I wasn't able to open the door. I groaned, pressing my forehead against the glass of the window. "Why'd I let myself get into this mess? I should've done something." I sighed.

I looked through the glass window again and nearly peed my pants. The same old smirk lied on the bastard's face as his face was on the other side of the window, peering in to look at me. I slammed my hand against the window, blocking his face. "Aww. Don't like my good looks?" He teased. I gagged. "Far from it. Don't you know it's rude to stare?" I growled. The door unlocked and opened.

"I need to use the bathroom." I said simply, totally lying. I tried pushing my way through but he wrapped an arm around my waist and pushed me back. "Yeah. Nice try, princess. I'm not that stupid." He said. I batted my eyelashes. "Oh Mr. Darius. You're totally right. You're not as dumb as dirt, are you?" I gave a fake pout. He sneered. "Ha ha ha. Funny." He growled. I tried to hide my own smirk. "I know I am. But seriously. Unless you want me to pee on those new looking shoes, you'll let me go to the bathroom. Would you like to be a semi less evil beast and be nice for once in your life and escort me to the bathroom?" I asked, pushing past him and succeeding.

He grabbed me by the elbow. "Try anything, and I will hurt you." He hissed in my ear. I rolled my eyes as he closed the door and walked me to a bathroom. The bathroom was small and only had a toilet and a sink. I went in and closed the door and did my business. Upon opening the door, he was right there, practically hovering over the door. "What? You'd think I'll escape?" I teased. He groaned.

While I was using the bathroom, I had made a plan on escaping. "Hey. Can I tell you something?" I whispered. He raised an eyebrow, looking intrigued. I motioned him to come closer. He hesitantly did and I kneed him where the sun doesn't shine and I bolted for some sort of exit. I heard him gasp for air as I ran away and found a door to the outside world.

"Catch her!" I heard his voice call from the house but I had already changed to wolf form and was almost to the woods. Half way home. Almost there. I'm coming home dad. I thought to myself. And kept running. But my hind legs got too fast for my front and I tripped over a tree root, heading straight for the ground, head first. And everything went black.