Talkie

I groaned dramatically as I watched Will put on his coat. My groans turned into coughs and sniffles. He flashed me his sweetest smile.

"Come on, Mags. Everyone will still talk to you." He held up the walkie-talkie. I held up the one in my hand and smiled sadly, snuggling my head into my fluffy pink robe.

"I knowwww. But it won't be the same...come on, how are you gonna survive without your medic?" I asked, smiling widely. I heard a soft chuckle from behind me, and a hand touch my shoulder. I looked back, being met by my mother's face, who gave me a playful scolding look.

"You're staying here. You don't want the other boys to get sick, now, do you?" She raised her eyebrows. I pouted, slumping over as Will laughed. He pointed at the Walkie talkie as a reminder as he opened the door to leave. I rolled my eyes, pouting. He rushed out the door, and to another Dungeons and Dragons meeting with the best people I've ever met.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        I sat on my Aqua-green bed, cross legged, my fluffiest white blanket pulled up to my knees, staring down at the Walkie-Talkie. Waiting to hear the voices that I knew so well. Where's Mike? And Lucas? Dustin? I puffed my cheeks out, realizing how impatient I was. Seriously, Maggie, it's been 1 minute. I hugged and fell back onto my bed, and as if on cue, I heard 3 high-pitched male voices in a chorus of cheers.

    "HIIIIII MAGGIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEE~~!!" Mike, Lucas, and Dustin screamed together. I laughed, pressing the button on the side of the Walkie Talkie to speak back to them.

    "Hey guys!!" Warmth filled me. I was the happiest around my brother and my best friends. Being the only girl wasn't what I thought it would be. No stares, no flirting. I was one of the guys. And I loved it. Will kept me on the Walkie-Talkie for the whole game. I was listening to a group of Junior High boys screeching and being losers. I didn't stop smiling. Who could ask for better? I don't even think I'll ever make friends with a girl. I smiled at my thoughts, until a sassy voice snapped me out of it.

"OI, MEDIC!" Lucas yelled. I jumped.

"O-oh, sorry!" I shook my head. "What was the move?" I asked. I heard Lucas groan.

    "Save the paladin or the cleric from the Demogorgon?" Dustin asked, his lisp slightly muffling his words. I hummed, Will and Mike's faces popping into my head. That's hard....Mike or Will? Eh, it's just a game. "Paladin." I said. I heard Will "awwww" and Mike knock over a chair.

    "YEAHHHHH!!!" He screamed. I laughed.

    "But whyyyyy? Family first!" Will protested. I laughed into the Walkie-Talkie, my laugh starting to turn into furious coughs. I heard the other line go silent, right before a series of voices flooded my head.

   "Are you okay, Mags?" "Yeah, take a breath." "If the medic dies then we die, guys." "That's not funny, Dustin." "You're an asshole."

   I collected myself, answering Will's protest.

    "You can handle yourself against a puny old Demogorgon."  I said, then hearing Mike gasp. ((Ah, irony is so painful.))

    "Rude! I'm manlier than you." He stated. I snorted.

   "That's because I'm a girl, you doof." I said. He muttered something angrily. Lucas made a clicky sound as Will rolled the dice. I heard Will gasp.

    "You might be right, Mags." Lucas said. "He needs a seven to defeat the demogorgon. I heard Will roll again, then someone slammed the table.

    "What the hell?!" Lucas screamed.

   "FIND THE OTHER DICE!!" Dustin yelled. I heard a series of shuffles and bumps, and laughed to myself, imagining the boys tripping over each other to find the dice.

    "I FOUND IT!!" Mike yelled.

   "Is it a seven?" Will asked hopefully. I heard Mike fall over.

   "The demogorgon tries to keep his head up and fight the major cleric. It takes one big breath, aaaaaaannnDDDD-!!!" He made a dying noise, and I heard his hand thump against the ground. Will, Dustin, and Lucas started cheering, and I joined in. I heard Mike's mom call for him.

    "Seems like the game has come to an end. Nice job, Cleric Byers. I'll see you soon, and the rest of the party I shall see to tomorrow." I said, and waited for all of them to say their goodbyes until I hung up.

I should've stayed on