Easy solution for writing problems

this post belongs to 1000storyideas on Tumblr, or http://1000storyideas.tumblr.com/post/165319017278/easy-solution-for-writing-problems

check them out and enjoi

Problem #1: Can't write past the first page, or can't write the first scene.

Solution: Don't start your novel by the beginning of the story, but a few scenes before the beginning. Later on, you'll remove those scenes, so you are free to write crap. Your goal is to write, just write.

Problem #2: Not having a story for a novel, not enough ideas, or lack of elements.

Solution: Borrow a range of ideas from movies, games, series, gifs, books, songs, music videos, commercials, even Youtube channels. Merge them together to fit your genre and go for it.

Problem #3: Too many story ideas for a novel, too many ideas syndrome, or unable to choose between two plots or characters

Solution: Score your options from 0 to 5 in the following categories: how much would you like to read it, how much would you like to write it and how much are you ready to write it. Pick ideas with a higher score.

Problem #4: Editing as you write, or perfectionism.

Solution: Trying to change your editing instinct takes a lot more effort than the actual editing. If you are a perfectionist, if you can't fool yourself into not editing as you write, just let go. Accept yourself the way you are and edit as you go.

Problem #5: Procrastination

Solution: Turn off your wi-fi. But, if you keep turning it back on, just set aside your computer and write the novel by hand. Writing longhand boosts creativity.

Problem #6: Can't think of a plot, plot is not interesting enough, or nothing is happening in my book.

Solution: Explain your story to an imaginary friend, to a muse, or to your spirit animal. Talk to them, out loud or into your mind, it doesn't matter. Ask questions, hear what they have to say. The more you talk, the more you'll understand what the story is all about.

 The more you talk, the more  you'll understand what the story is all about

Problem #7: Receiving hate, or a bad review

Solution: Don't read reviews. It's that simple. Readers are allowed to express themselves. Some will love your style, some won't. Write for yourself, because that's your only and best tool.

Problem #8: Can't find my genre, can't decide on a subgenre, or can't find my niche.

Solution: Just answer these questions: When you visit a bookstore or an ebook website, which section do you check first? Which type of book would you love to find? What kind of book cover or synopsis would you pay a lot of money for? The answer will show you the way.

Solution:  Just answer these questions: When you visit a bookstore or an ebook  website, which section do you check first? Which type of book would you  love to find? What kind of book cover or synopsis would you pay a lot of  money for? The answe...