26. Important

"It's important you tell her how you feel."

•••

Shawn

I unlocked my door to my condo and allowed Camila to walk in. We were both laughing from the fact that I spilled my drink on my pants. It was back at the restaurant but she obviously wasn't letting it go. She set down my coat on my coat hanger.

"So where's Avelyn? What's she been up to?" Camila asked me.

I sighed as I dug my phone out of my pocket. She didn't text me after she said bye earlier.

"Uh home I'm assuming probably with her nose in a book or rewatching IT for the millionth time." I said with a laugh.

"God you're so in deep with this girl. It's adorable." She said as she sat down on my couch.

I rolled my eyes, "I am not."

"Shawn when are you just going to tell her? I'm sick of sitting here literally begging you to tell her. Plus I heard Charlie and her broke up." She told me as I sat down on the couch.

I raised my eyebrow, "How do you know?"

"You mean other than the fact that he literally friendzoned her on one her recents?" Camila asked as if it was supposed to be obvious.

I shrugged, "Well you know how people say they're dating their best friend? Maybe that's why he said it like that."

She rolled her eyes, "Honestly Shawn you're dumb and I say that with complete sensitivity. I will have to ruin our friendship if you don't say something already."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Either you grow a pair and tell her you're in love with her or ask her out. Or I will do it myself." She told me.

I shook my head, "You wouldn't."

"Oh no I would. Shawn this is insane, you've been telling me all about this girl since you met her. I think I still have the texts, it's almost been a year since you guys met for the first time and you still haven't made a move." Camila explained.

"I actually tried to, Thanksgiving over at her apartment in New York. That was until Charlie showed up though." I told her.

She shook her head, "And have you tried to do anything since? Nope. Why? I have no idea. She had been single for so long, Hell why didn't anything happen in Europe?"

Why didn't I? I was scared, to ruin something like a friendship. Hell I've done it before, I've dated a friend and it took a while to get back on friend terms. I don't like the thought of not being able to talk to Avelyn for so long or not be able to see her. I couldn't imagine if I kissed her and her not feel anything for me and things turn awkward.

Or if we were to date and then breakup for whatever reason. Then I lose yet another friend because of thinking a relationship would work. But that's the thing about Avelyn, she's different. Maybe I shouldn't be scared to tell her, I mean I have to take the shot.

It reminded me of the last time I said that. The way she uses my lyrics and laughs cause she's being punny. I then started to think of all the reasons I liked her. The way she smiled, how positive and cheerful she is all the time.

How she sees two sides to everything, how open minded she is. She's not one that's quick to judge someone, completely friendly with everyone she meets. The way she cracks jokes or makes situations turn from sad or horrible to looking on the bright side.

She really is someone I can see myself actually falling in love with. What the hell was I doing? I know what I wanted and who I wanted and it's her. There was a reason I met her the day I did, a reason why I looked for her. Fate works in a crazy incredible way and I think her being put in my life, as cheesy it might sound, was for a reason.

"I'll tell her, I'll tell her when I can. I have to fly back out to LA tomorrow but the second I get back I'll go to her apartment and tell her. I want to tell her." I told Camila feeling my cheeks hurt from how big I was smiling.

"Really?" She asked making sure I was serious.

I nodded, "Yeah I think it's time I tell her, no more hiding. No more putting my feelings to the side. It's time I put how I feel first and get the girl."

"Well it's about fucking time Canada." She said with a laugh.

"Yeah." I agreed.

"Well I should get going, I have a flight to Florida in the morning. I'll see you later, and I'll be expecting to hear all about how you told her okay?" She asked as she got up and off my couch.

"Of course." I told her.

I walked her out and to her rental car. I watched as she drove off and away from my building. I turned around and walked back inside and up to my condo. Once I was in there I was overcome with silence.

I walked into my bedroom and seen my keyboard and guitar. I walked over and sat down and started to play a melody I was hearing in my head. I then stopped and pulled my phone out from my pocket.

•••

Avelyn❄️❤️

Hey I got home thought
I'd let you know.
9:10 pm

Great. Glad to hear!
9:12 pm

Yeah uh so I'll be back
in LA tomorrow. I just
wanted to let you know
9:13 pm

Oh well hope you have
a safe trip.
9:14 pm

Yeah I'll miss you but
I'll be back soon again
9:15 pm

Okay, you and your
soon Mendes. It will
be the death of many.
9:16 pm

Lol goodnight
Winter bug x
9:17 pm

Goodnight x
9:18 pm

•••

I set my phone down and continued to play the melody that way playing in my head. Once I had it down I started to think of how I felt. The whole journey of finding how I felt for this one girl. How close we got, how I seen her be happy with someone else. How we had been friends in the beginning and how I hoped to change that if I wasn't too late.

It was like telling a story.

Authors Note//
Double update because I had been inactive because of life
So enjoy hehe
Let me know what you think
Until Next Time Peace Lovelies✌🏼💚