You Already Have Me

Summery/ request: It's basically a hijabi!reader x wintersoldier!Bucky. After missions he tries his best to visit her house to make sure she's safe.One night while they are talking he admits how he wants to marry her one day but doesn't have anything to give her. The reader tells him that he doesn't need to give her anything to make her his. Just some angst and a lot of fluff.

She knew it was silly, staying up late every night encase he came to visit. But (y/n) had set her mind, she loved this man. Bucky Barnes. Just thinking of his name made her smile softly as she fixed her hijab, and she jumped a little when she heard her door open. But it was just him, and her smile widened as she opened her arms for him. He took two steps and got onto his knees, hugging her midsection and closing his eyes. She hugged him back lovingly, smoothing his long hair.

After a few minutes, he got back up and sat beside her on her bed. "How have you been, (y/n)?" He asked, and you shrugged. "It's been boring without you here. I missed you so much James." He looked deeply into your eyes, and smiled a sad smile. As she lifted her hand to his cheek, Bucky closed his eyes and let out a shaky breath. "What's wrong?" She asked, worry lacing every word. He finally opened his eyes, tears had filled them. "I want to marry you one day, but I don't have anything to offer for you. Being with me will be dangerous, and I know it's selfish, but dammit I want you." His voice broke at the end and she got up, turning to face him and walked up to him between his legs, hugging him tightly to her body.

"James, you don't need to give me anything to have me. Just knowing you love me and you will protect me from any harm, you already have my heart." His eyes widened in disbelief. "Do you really mean all of that? Even with as broken as I am?" He sounded like a hurt little kid, and she nodded as her own tears came to her eyes. "Yes. I know it will take time, but I will love you through everything we go through. I will never leave you, James Buchanan Barnes." He hug her tightly, his head resting on her chest as she ran her fingers through his hair again. She knew he had to leave soon, but she just held him to herself as tightly as she could. He loved her, and she loved him. That was all that mattered.