Author's Note

November is National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). The goal is to write a 50,000-word novel in 30 days, keeping in mind that this will be your first draft, not a finished book.

I won NaNoWriMo in 2016 when I wrote the first draft of this story. Now, I am going back through, revising this book for the second draft. I have decided to share this second draft with you as I write it so that you can be a part of the process. Read something you like? Let me know! Wish something had happened differently? Tell me! I want to hear what you think, and what you say could change the course of the story.

As you read, please keep in mind that this is still a rough draft. That means there will be some (but hopefully minimal) spelling and grammar errors, and the plot and characters may change over time as I continue to discover exactly how Mara and Drake's stories unfold.

Please be sure to add this to your library so that you can receive updates as I add new chapters.

Note: The kings and queens do not yet have names and neither do the five different kingdoms, which is why you will see "Drake's Father" or "Kingdom D." Just keep that in mind when you're reading. If you'd like to suggest a name, feel free to do so.

Thanks for reading!

Meagan Nicole