Lights, Camera, Romance!

"Me: I'm actually happy with my life!

Life: Lmao, hold my beer."

-Anonymous

To hell with logic.

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.

( 。◕‿‿◕。)

"Alright, you're cleared for missions again," Shizune told me.

It had been a week since Tsunade returned to the village, and the village was beyond joyous to have their darling princess—ah, queen now—back. Tsunade went to quick work in focusing the efforts to stabilize the village after the invasion, in addition to personally seeing to some of the trickiest patients that the standard hospital workers couldn't handle.

Shizune took up as the unofficial new leader of the hospital. The previous head was getting ready for retirement and was all too happy to pass on the responsibilities to Tsunade's protege. Naturally, also being the Hokage's aid, Shizune was outrageously busy. She didn't take a lot of patients (only the patients that Tsunade personally attended to), but she made the exception for me since I was Naruto's best friend (HAHA TAKE THAT SASUKE).

Thankfully, since I had been keeping up with my physical therapy and not over exerting myself while I was wheelchair bound, it didn't take much to bring me back up to speed. After a week of focused care, and light training with my team, I was cleared for missions.

Yippee!

I beamed. "Thanks, Senpai!"

Shizune smiled at me, a light blush on her cheeks. "Always happy to help. It's so nice to be settled down in one place."

I reached over and gave her shoulder a squeeze. "I'm glad that you're happy. I hope that you can think of Konoha as a home."

"I'm sure that won't be a problem," Shizune reassured me.

A grin stretched over my face. "Lovely. Thanks again for walking me through the healing process. I haven't gotten a lot of proper hands-on experience since I did the heart transplant in Wave."

Shizune blinked. "The what in what?"

"On our first mission outside the village I got to do a heart transplant," I said excitedly. "Haku took Kakashi's Chidori through the chest, so he needed a new heart. It was really scary, but I think it was good experience."

Shizune balked. "Wait—you did a heart transplant on your first mission?"

"First one outside the village," I corrected her. "And yes. Kakashi and Zabuza helped me find some of the veins and whatnot inside, though. I couldn't have done it without them."

"Were they—did they also use Shōsen and assist you?"

"I was the only one who knew how to use Shōsen."

"So you were essentially on your own?"

"Well, I suppose if you want to get technical about it—"

"Sakura, that's unbelievable."

"You can look at the mission report if you don't believe me—"

"No, no," Shizune said quickly, still stupefied, "it's simply that, that, that it's amazing. You're only twelve and you already performed major cardiovascular surgery."

I shrugged. "To be fair I, coincidentally, studied heart transplants before the mission. And Kakashi and Zabuza were the ones who really helped guide me. I don't think I would have been successful without them."