[Revised/Edited] Episode 84: Glorious Revival

"The storm clouds gather overhead as the final battle nears"

*3rd*

Renshu descended into the darkness. There was no functioning light switch on this side of the building for whatever reason. He was sure there was a reason behind why it wasn't fixed. If the spot indeed led to the hiding spot of the eight then that would put further credibility toward his theory; at least some of the eight were part of the council. They had to be a part of it, for who else apart from them, Shin'en, and the princes would have such an authority?

"What are you doing here?" a voice echoed. Renshu spun around and saw a young man with glowing cat-like eyes.

"Flower Rain!" Renshu shouted, sending hot-pink flower petals in every direction.

The cat boy jumped back and spat out crimson flames, lighting the petals on fire as well as the darkness. He wore dark red robes like those of someone belonging to a cult.

Renshu snickered and unleashed a torrent of vines and roots as he ran forward.

'Great job, lighting up the place, fool.'

"Xianian Style: Forest Imprisonment!" Renshu screamed at the top of his lungs as he stopped and slammed the upper steps with the palms of his hands. Green and white vines tore through the mysterious young man's robe and were a few centimeters short from the mask. "No one can defeat the Mystic Idol, Renshu!"

"Tsk," the guy said, snickering. The vines were pulled back from the mask but not by his own hands. A pair of shadowy hands yanked the vines away and shredded them into pieces. "You really aren't a smart one, coming all the way here without back up. You're just like that stupid girlfriend of yours."

Renshu clenched his hands into fists as memories of smiles and sadness sprung forth.

'These guys were going to pay dearly for what they did to her...'

"You bastards. You have no remorse, do you? What you did to her and the others have no words. I will make you regret what you did!" Renshu continued to charge forward and aimed a punch for the mask... but as soon as he did, the shadows crept up his right arm. "What's this?"

Laughter echoed across the darkness as the petals finished burning into ash. "You really thought that I would have allowed myself to get discovered so easily? As for making us regret what we did, that will never happen. Your kind will pay for its trespasses. Especially that priestess of yours."

"Adela? I won't allow you bastards to hurt her!" Vines shot out of his sleeves, tearing the stairs underneath him. Yet, more shadows clasped his body. They tightened around him like the silk of a silkworm that was about to metamorphize.

"Yes. That girl. I was kind enough to give her a warning, yet she appears to have refused."

He gasped. "A warning?"

"Yes, one apart from that which we gave her entire team and that of the ghost mage's. Now she and the others will know how far we will go to make our ideals reality. And we shall start with you," 'Neko' said as a hand appeared behind Renshu.

An eerie wind filled the room as Renshu's screams rang across the darkness.

***

"Welcome back. What took you so long?" 'Hebi' asked as she adjusted her serpent's mask.

"No one followed you here, did they?" asked a man wearing a fox mask.

"No, but I did find someone snooping around," 'Neko' said. He threw a bound-up Renshu onto the floor. "This guy was imbecile enough to attempt to fight me in my element."