Cold (Echo)

You glanced out the window and sighed. You missed Earth, but at the same time, was more than happy to be away from your brother. You'd been up here for a couple months and Echo had yet to tell you what'd happened to him. You hadn't the slightest idea if he was okay or had died and honestly, you weren't sure you even wanted to know. Roan and you were never really that close of siblings, especially since you were mother's favorite. 

"Y/n." Echo said and you looked at her smiling. "Raven wanted me to check on you." 

"I'm fine." You said smiling. It looked less green up here, but there probably wasn't a whole lot of green there anyways. The fire had most likely destroyed everything in its wake, hopefully not completely wiping away the ice. 

"You haven't seemed yourself in a couple weeks." Echo said and you shrugged. "Is it Roan?" 

"I don't know. Growing up, I'd look up here and want nothing more than to be among the stars. To do things better than he could, see where he went and shoot even further. Make sure that I earned mother's love." You said and Echo looked down. "Now that I'm up here, it's lonely. I mean, I've got friends up here, we get along fairly well, but I can't help but wish he was up here. Hell, I miss my mother." 

"I miss her too sometimes." Echo said and you laid your head on her shoulder. "But they aren't here anymore." 

"He died didn't he?" You asked and she nodded. "I'm truly the last of my family left." 

"Sometime you'll have to change that." She said and you nodded, knowing that well. It was a rule that everybody would eventually have to at least attempt pregnancy, even if nobody necessarily wanted to. 

"Are you cold?" You asked and Echo moved, looking at you weird. "It's a valid question Echo." 

"I've faced colder winters." Echo said and you held her hand. "Besides, we're from Ice Nation, not like a little bit of a breeze is going to slow us down." 

"I know." You said kissing Echo's cheek before getting up. "I'm going to see if Raven found any of those books." 

"Nerd." Echo yelled as you left. She'd picked up quite a bit from being up here and around the others, it was cute, hearing her use their slang. She was essentially one of them now, both of you really were.