Chapter 1

"Happy birthday, Chester!" My mom yelled, bursting through my bedroom door.

I groaned and threw my comforter over my head. She pulled them down and I saw her hovering over me with a smile.

How the fuck can she be so happy at 6am? I thought to myself.

"Come on, sleepy head! It's your birthday!" She said. I groaned again. "I just wanna sleep all day." I mumbled as I put the comforter back over my head. "Sorry son, you still have to go to school." I groaned for a third time. "Your dad and I got you a present that we know you'll love, though. So hop out of bed, get dressed and come to the kitchen." She said.

She left the room and I sat up. I stretched and rubbed my eyes.

A gift I'll love?

Yeah I doubt that. They never get me anything I like. It's always socks or something like that.

I sighed and got out of my warm bed. I went to my closet and picked out a plain black shirt and some light colored baggy jeans. I put on the clothes and my converse and glasses. Then I ran a hand through my blonde hair, spiking it up a bit and went down the hall to the kitchen.

My whole family was sitting at the table. When they saw me walk in they started singing happy birthday to me very loudly. It didn't help that I was also hungover from hanging out with my friends the night before either.

I sat down at the table and waited for them to finish. After what seemed like forever they stopped singing. My mom got up and got an envelope off of the counter and slid it across the table to me.

Happy 17th Birthday Chester! The front of the envelope said. I furrowed my eyebrows and opened the envelope. There were three rectangular peices of paper in there. I pulled them out and saw that they were concert tickets. My eyes widend when I saw what artist they were for.

They were for my favorite artist of all time.

Fort Minor.

Mike Shinoda.

The most talented and attractive man on earth.

God, I have the biggest crush on Mike. He's such an amazing rapper, singer, and artist. I love his lyrics and art so much. Also don't forget the attractive part. He has the best smile and eyes. I love the way he wears his hat and jeans low and and wears oversized shirts and hoodies. He's just the most beautiful man.

"Holy shit." I said, pulling out the tickets. "Language, Ches." My dad said with a little chuckle. I looked up at my parents and smiled widely. The both smiled back. It was rare for me to smile around them with everything that had happened in the past few months.

My parents were in the middle of getting a divorce and I was getting bullied in school which led to drugs and drinking. It had been tough for me during that time and they knew it. Getting those tickets definitely helped.

"Thank you guys so much! You don't understand how happy I am right now. I love you guys." I got up and gave them both a hug. "We love you too. Now get to school and hurry back home right after. The show is tonight." "Tonight?!" "Yes, and the two other tickets are for Ryan and Amir." "Oh shit." I said, getting up quickly to get to school. My parents and siblings laughed at my excitment. I grabbed my backpack and got in my car.

I went to the school and went to the spot at the bottom of the stairs where my friends and I always sat to wait for the bell to ring.

"Sup fuckers." I said, as I turned the corner and saw them talking. Amir and Ryan were my only two friends. Well they were at least my only friends who I actually talked to and cared about.