Chapter 22 Final

Natsu POV:

Happy lands in Hargeon since his magic energy is low, but that doesn't stop us running. I run as quickly as my legs can carry me, desperate to get to Lucy. I've missed so much about her over the past two years, her laugh, her smile, how she can brighten a room just by walking into it. It's in these moments that I realize how much I love her, in these past two years I've really noticed how much she's affected my life.

"Natus's in love!" Happy yells as we run.

"Yeah I am, and that's the first thing I'm going to tell Lucy!" I yell as Magnolia comes into view.

"Finally!" Happy yells cheerfully. 

We weave our way through the busy streets of Magnolia, we decided on the way over that we would stop at the guild hall first and let people know that the players were waking up. Although I wanted to be the first person Lucy saw I know I needed to let them know that she was waking up, they deserve that much after these past two years. The guild hall came into view and without a second thought I kicked the doors down.

"Everyone!" I yell at the top of my voice. "The game players are waking up!"

"Natsu are you sure?" Gramps asks walking towards me.

"Yeah, Wendy is back in Japan right now with Kiko. She's awake! And the others have started waking up too!" I yell at him as he points out of the door. 

"Then get to the hospital! When Lucy is ready we'll all come over." Gramps tells me as I break off into another run to the hospital. 

Pushing open the doors doctors try and stop me to speak with me but I ignore them, I need to see Lucy awake and happy again! I put my hand onto the door handle and take a deep breath, pushing open the door I see the window open and the curtain around her bed still closed. With the biggest smile on my face I push the curtains open, to see Lucy just like when I left. Her eyes closed, the Nerve gear still on her head and her heart monitor beating steadily.

"Lucy?" I ask taking her cold hand in mine. "Lucy come on, stop playing around." 

The door opens and a doctor walks in, his face grim.

"I'm sorry Natsu, the other patients have woken up but for some reason Lucy isn't waking up." He says to me.

"We..We just need to give it some time. Right Happy?" I ask him as he sit's on Lucy's bed.

"Aye sir, everyone else was waking up. Maybe Lucy's just a little late? She's never on time for stuff." Happy says pulling a fish from his bag.

"I'm afraid that might not be the case, we've had reports coming in that a lot of people still haven't woken up." The doctor says checking Lucy over. "It could be a delay in the system because so many people are still alive, maybe the system is trying to get them all out."

"Maybe." I say taking her hand. "Come on Luce, we're all exited to see you again. And to have you back at the guild hall, wake up Lucy. Wake up."

Lucy POV:

I open my eyes slowly to try and get a grip on my surroundings, everything seems too bright. I thought my joints would feel stiff from not being used in two years, but I feel fine. If a little disoriented. I sit up and notice my outfit, it's not the clothes I was wearing in Aincrad. And it's not what I thought I would have been dressed in when I was in hospital, looking around I notice I'm not in hospital at all. I rise to my feet and notice I'm in what looks like a huge bird cage, my eyes widen as I rush to the gate and try to open it. I keep trying to open it, but it won't budge. I turn and notice a keypad at the side of the gate, but the strange thing is I can't see the numbers. It's like my eyes are blurred.

"What's going on?" I ask aloud.  

I take a good look at my outfit and notice it's a very pale blue, there are also lot's of gold details on it. And most shockingly on my back are a pale set of white wings. 

"Ok I'm not in Fiore." I say, I slowly try and open the wings and see that they seem to be quite easy to use.

I walk around my new suroundings to try and get an idea of where I am, I know I'm in a huge bird cage but I don't understand why I'm here. I sit down on what looks like a bed and sigh, I thought once Kirito and I cleared the game we would be able to go home. I want to be home, I want to recover so I ca find Kiko. I want my baby back in my arms, the memory of me last seeing her haunts me. The fear in her eyes that she wouldn't see me again, I put my hands over my eyes and I sob.

"Kiko." I whisper.

"My dear Titania please don't cry." Someone says.

I move my hands and look up to see a man dressed in all green with a crown on his head opening the cage door.

"How do you know I was called Titania?" I ask him wiping my eyes.

"My dear, it was me who brought you here." He says to me.

"What? You brought me here?" I ask confused.

"Yes, when I saw all those people leaving Aincrad I knew it was my chance." He says with an evil smirk flashing over his face. "All those players going back to their normal lives, what would happen if just a few of them didn't wake up?" He asks me.

"You're keeping some of us alseep?!" I yell at him. "How can you do that! With all we've been through the past two years and then you force us to endure more?!" 

Acting on instinct I reach my hand to my side to grab my sword, but then I realize it's not there. This will take some time getting used to, but if I have wings like him am I some type of fairy? Ironic.

"I see you still have the mind of a player in game." He says laughing. "You'll be like that for a long time, but for now your Titania. My Queen."

"I will never be your queen, never, ever." I say crossing my arms over my chest.

"We'll see about that my dear." He walks over to me and picks up a strand of my blonde hair, bringing it to his nose he takes a deep sniff. "I know with time you'll grow to love me."

"I will never love you, or be your queen." I try to move my body away from him but something is stopping me.

"Titania, this is my world. I control everything, even what you do with your own body here is controlled by me." He says and then walks towards the gate, as he types the pin in I can't see what he's doing. It's like he's blocked my vision of it to stop me seeing what he's doing.

He steps out of the cage then turns back to me.

"My name is Oberon King of the Fairies. Welcome to Alfheim."