Chapter 19

Potions is the worst class ever.
Snape is the most unfair teacher.
Instead of watching him write on the board, I watched the big cage in the front of the room shake softly every now and then. There was a thick cover over it.
Snape started talking and I pulled my gaze away from the cage back to him, reluctantly. He started taking about transformation potions.
Hermione furrowed her brow. "Professor, transformation potions aren't until fifth year." Snape glared at her. "I am the Professor here, Granger. I do what I want." He said sharply.
Hermione lowered her gaze.
Snape continued on as if nothing had happened. "We all know there are humans that can transform at will such as the animagus, and there are spells that can change your look, but of course there is a transformation potion."
I let out a small breath. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the cage had stop shaking at the mention of 'animagus'.
I found it strange but I ignored it. Snape went to his board and started writing ingredients. Everyone wrote the ingredients down.
He talked about what they were and what to do with them. The room was filled with the sound of quills scratching. My own quill was made by me from my wing.
Even before everyone finished writing Snape instructed us to come up and get the needed ingredients. There were a lot on there and we had to choose the right ones.
I just went up and took what Hermione took.
Snape told us to begin working.
I followed Hermione's lead and did what she did, and soon we both had an icky looking green broth in our cauldrons.
Snape came over. He grunted and left. Hermione rested back in her chair. "I wonder what's in that cage..."she whispered. "I do too." I didn't say more. That cage had a familiar aura around it that I knew only a Wondla could see.
My wings twitched. That aura was so familiar...
Snape went up to the front of the room again.
"While you're all...working." He sneered. "I have a treat for you all. I caught it in the woods." "The Forbidden Forest?" Someone gasped. Snape didn't reply.
"I'll be giving it to Professor Lupin after this class." Snape's voice was sour.
I watched with a sort of anticipating dread.
"It's a very special transformation expert." Snape suddenly looked straight at me. His black eyes glittered. "I'm sure you'll find it fascinating."
He slowly lifted the covers and everyone gasped.
Under that sheet and in that cage was not any sort of animal.
It was a boy.
Even Malfoy seemed shocked.
The boy's eyes met mine. His eyes were blue with cat-like pupils, diamond shaped.
His hair was brown and messy, and he looked like he could be a third year.
I finally recognized that aura. He was a Wondla too. He had to be.
He gritted his teeth, and I could see how sharp and long his teeth happened to be, like a dog's.
His eyes followed Snape with loathing. "As I said, I found it in the forest. It has incredible power. As you can see, after it transforms back into a human shape, it still keeps traits from its creature form."
Like my wings. I thought. I looked over at Hermione. There was a look of horror on her face.
"I don't see why you are all so horrified." Snape said sharply. "It's a beast. A dangerous beast."
He looked at the clock. "Class is over. Leave your potions. I will examine them later." Snape didn't replace the sheet, and he swept out of the room. Te class followed, with me, Ron, Harry, and Hermione at the end.
My friends watched as I knelt down in front of the cage. I looked at the boy's face. It was scarred slightly. His eyes locked onto mine.
His diamond shaped pupils were slightly unnerving, but I didn't break my gaze.
"What's your name?" I said slowly. He broke his gaze and looked over at Ron, Hermione, and Harry. He watched them for a while and then looked back at me. "Kiba."
He looked at me for a while and then said, "You're like me, aren't you?" I nodded. "What? What do you mean?" Ron looked confused.
"Don't worry about it." I told him. I looked back at Kiba. "I'm going to get you out, okay? Just tell me your forms. What are they?" Kiba shut his eyes as if he was trying to remember. "A dog, a wolf, and a winged wolf."
He nodded. "Yeah, those are it." His eyes flickered. "Yours?" "Horse, unicorn, pegacorn." I replied. My friends stared at me in utter confusion. "How long have you been in here?"
I asked.
"Two days. He wanted to show me to all his classes but only did yours. I heard him talking to himself. He says the only reason I'm here is to get at 'the other one', as he said." Kiba picked at a hole in his jeans.
"The other one..." I frowned. He must mean me. "I would tell you to get back but there isn't any room to move in there, so..." I remembered how the hippogriffs sometimes picked the locks of their chains when I was in the paddock.
I used my wand to pick the lock, and when it opened, there was a shower of white and gold sparks. One hit Ron in the face and he yelped.
I put my wand away. The door of the cage swung open. Kiba blinked, and then slowly came out. Ron started to giggle softly.
"What?" Kiba turned defensive. He bared his teeth at Ron. "You have a tail...like Hermione did!" Ron burst out laughing. I looked over. Kiba did have a tail. It was a long, brown wolf tail.
"That could be a problem to hide." I said softly. "I can do a concealing spell." Hermione took out her wand and in an instant Kiba's tail vanished. Kiba smiled softly.
"We should probably get him up to the tower." I said. "We should at least contact Professor McGonagall." Hermione said sharply.
"Professor what now?" Kiba tilted his head.
"That's a good idea. Come on, Kiba." I grabbed him by the wrist and started to pull him down the hallway.

Hi! Finished a chapter! Finally! So yeah new character. I like him and you should too. So yeah, I can't think of anything else. So.. Thanks for reading. Love y'all.
-Leap