A Forbiden Attack

“Help somebody help me, please somebody!”

“Mommy, mommy”

“Over there!”

“Yes sir”

“Don’t touch her”

“No! No please no”

Screams, shouts, yells, and cries pierced my ears as I ran down the alley way. Smells of smoke and blood filled my nose while gunshots and cannons went off every second. People running and chasing filled the streets as I tried to get away.

“You there stop!”

“Down the alley way. No survivors”

I willed my legs to move faster and my breathing to come easier as I sprinted the last of the alley way and into the burning forest. Running I jumped over branches, rocks, and logs. Where the fire hadn’t reached a jumped onto a low branch and climbed high into the pine tree.

Footsteps ran past the tree while I stayed hidden behind the foliage. Climbing higher I got to where the branches were thicker and bigger and eventually made it to where I could see my village, my home.

Fire was burning every structure that held meaning to me. Blood covered the streets from the bodies I once held dear. The village that was alive this morning with smiling face was now massacred being burned to the ground. The port that was just bringing in food to feed us was now filled with slaves and the killers who destroyed my home.

From the edge of the forest I saw the men who was chasing me come out and head towards the docks. The must have lied to the man because he started smiling once they started talking. I turned away and jumped to the next tree needing to get away from here. Swinging from branch to branch like a monkey I made my way to hopefully somewhere safe.