32 | Pralines and Cream Ice Cream

giovanni cambridge wanted to throw every damn thing he could see.

the most awaited day of norton had already arrived. blue banners were held by every person of the school, showing their support for their very beloved football team. yet, van couldn't seem to appreciate that.

he didn't want a blue banner held by just any person, he wanted it held by vanadis.

him and the whole team had arrived at the venue twenty minutes before the game. the whole area was already fully-crowded. one side of the field was blue. and one side was gray.

"go norton! go giovanni cambridge!" the girls at the bleachers squealed.

he pursed his lips. vanadis could cheer way better than that. if she was here. if she was only here.

"hey, man. loosen up." adam chuckled.

"we've got a game to win." tanner punched his shoulders playfully.

"tanner!" someone called behind.

the three of them turned around to see hazel walking towards them. she's a blonde-haired girl with very big blue eyes, you could almost get lost in them. and she's also tanner's girlfriend.

"hey, sweetums." tanner walked to her and kissed her on the lips. Not to mention, sloppily.

giovanni gritted his teeth. why was he so annoyed just watching a mere couple?

or maybe he was hopeless by the fact that vanadis and him couldn't be together right now.

the game began after a short while. the crowd was on full swing now. roars and screams of cheers almost got the players deaf but they couldn't care less.

they only thought of the game. well, except for Giovanni, of course.

"hey, watch out!" one of his teammates shouted.

but before van could even crane his neck to see who it was, the ball smashed into the side of his head, earning a painful mad growl from him. fuck, that hurts!

the referee whistled, signaling a time-out.

"for god's sake, what the hell is wrong with you?!" coach davidson yelled for the umpteenth time of the year.

most hardworking employee of the year? vocal chords. coach davidson seemed never tired of screeching like a hyena.

"cambridge, ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING?"

he internally rolled his eyes, "yes, i am."

after a couple of sermons, coach davidson finally got back to instructing the team. giovanni's eyes lingered around the area, until he caught sight of ashleigh with her friends at the front row.

his sister rolled her eyes but gave him a thumbs up nevertheless. she was waving his varsity jacket in the air, which lifted his mood up a little.

well, at least the annoying brat's here.

"go, go, go!" coach davidson pumped his fist up and down before pushing the whole team back to the game.

now, concentrate, you idiot. giovanni tilted his head to one side, finally focusing.

now the game was finally, seriously on. their scores were tied most of the time. but at moments when one was leading, it would always be norton.

of course, seventeen-year old star quarterback idol giovanni cambridge was on their side.

and what do you expect? norton high won, of course. as if it's a normal thing to do.