PART 1: Astros Clinch Franchise-First World Series Title with Nov. 1 Win

I've been waiting my whole life to see it happen, and I'm only 39 years old.

Others had been waiting over 55 years.

IT finally occurred late-night on 11/01/2017 at 11:01 p.m. CT, when the sky's stars aligned and times' numbers shined.

With November's nerve-rattling game 7, 5-1 win over the Los Angeles Dodges in the 2017 Major League Baseball World Series, my beloved Houston Astros are finally World Champions.

And "Clutch City" has rightfully returned to Houston, Texas.

Houston's last, and only prior, wildcard run to the World Series came in 2005 against the Chicago White Sox -- and regardless of EVERY game being extremely close, the final resulting sweep is all that most baseball fans across the world remember when it comes to the championship matchup that year -- a four-game, '05 World Series win for the Windy City.

I digress.

Houston baseball's franchise seeds, originally planted in 1962 as the Colt .45s (changed name to Astros in 1965) and strongly rooted in legends such as Larry Dierker, Nolan Ryan, Mike Scott, Jose Cruz, Craig Biggio, Jeff Bagwell, Lance Berkman and Roy Oswalt (just to name a handful), are finally flowering -- and fully flourishing -- in 2017.

For a franchise waiting 55-plus years to win it all, it only took the 'Stros two trips to the Series (2005 & 2017) to seal the deal and bring baseball's world title home to Houston.

Granted, the growing pains have been long -- and strenuous at times -- and this year's squad of Superheroes kept pace with the Astros' MLB history of edge-of-your-seat drama, late-game heroics and remarkable comebacks.

But the wait is finally over, and -- from this fan's personal, team-addicted point-of-view -- worth every ounce of blood, sweat, tears and ageless wonder at what Houston's 2017 ball club has truly accomplished.

"Incredible" would be an understatement, as I must echo what many players told reporters when asked about the "feeling" of winning it all and bringing a championship to the city of Houston.

"[It's] hard to describe."

You're right, guys.

I wholeheartedly agree, as both a writer and fan of America's Pastime.

And I'm still struggling with the right words to describe this amazing and incredible feeling -- one that's felt in tingles from head to heart to toes -- of Houston winning the World Series.

To bum a line from former Houston Rockets head coach Rudy Tomjanovich following his team's first NBA World Championship, "Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion."

Houston's 2017 baseball team strongly embraces and fully encompasses that positive mindset and molded mentality.

An attitude of "never give up," "the game's not over till the final out" and faithfully BELIEVING (both the team as a whole and the fans from or in the city) that they not only could, but WOULD, win the World Series Championship.

Our baseball prayers have actively and awesomely been answered, Houston.

And our Houston Astros are your 2017 MLB World Champions, firmly and forever etched into baseball's history and the fans' hearts.

With a deep team packed with young, talented and potential legends-in-the-making players, who knows what the future holds.

For now, it's time to soak up the moment and celebrate with the team.

Congratulations to all of the Astros players, team managers, corporate personnel, lifelong fans and remaining plethora of people I'm failing to mention at this time, on Houston's nail-bitting, series-clinching and history-making victory to win the World Series.

The best team in baseball is the Houston Astros.

And both the players -- and the city -- have every reason to smile, celebrate, and proudly profess the Astros baseball team as World Champions for life.

Time to replay the fruitful journey, relive the jaw-dropping moments, and rewind the highlight-reel.

Time to come together as one, band in unity as a city, and celebrate as a TEAM -- from Houston's genius GM to an infant Astros fan.

It's time, Houston, to party!