Chapter 14 - Change and Back again

Violet Ashlock

I opened my eyes slowly and looked up to the ceiling. I sat up and my eyes widen to see myself naked. I looked around in horror and got up. Oh shoot! I felt so sore.. Aww and my head hurted. I walked to Austin's bathroom and decided to take a bath.

I know.. I slept with him to know. I'm aware that he took my V card last night. I walked out and took his shirt.

"Austin.." I called as I walked out from his room.

"Austin!" I called again but there's no one. I walked to the room and took my pho- there's a note.

I'm going to Miami for a meeting. I'll see you tonight
-Austin

I looked at the note disbelief. I remembered what happen yesterday and I scoffed disbelief. I took off all my clothes on the floor and wore it again. I walked out from his apartment and took a taxi to go to my office.

"Gaby.. Meeting in my office now." I said to my secretary and she quickly took her note and pen following me inside my office. We both planned something big even my secretary prevented me to do that.

"Never play games with Violet Ashlock, Austin Portwalt. Do you think I don't know your dirty little games?" I said as I stood beside the window looking outside.

Suddenly my phone rang and it's Austin. I rejected it and turned off my phone. I left my phone in my office and went out to meet my friends. Me and my friends hung out eating, shopping and drinking until it's time to go home. I drove home since I'm not that drunk.

When I was going to get into my house, Austin parked his car right in front of my house. I got out and found him already waiting for me.

"You rejected my call and turned your phone off?" He asked angrily and I looked at him disbelief.

"So what brings you here?" I asked as I stood in front of him like nothing happen last night.

"Look, Violet.. about last night.. I never know that you're a-"

"Well.. I was the one who lured you in but I never expected for you to dissapear in the morning.. for some.. deals.." I said sarcasticly and he sighed.

"There's an important meeting back in Miami, I have to go."

"Well of course you do need to go.. So have you eat dinner?" I smiled sweetly at him.

"You're not mad or something?"

"Why would I be mad baby? We're getting married right?" I said as I pulled him towards mine. I kissed him and then my stomach growled.

"Let's eat something.."

"What do you want?"

"McDonalds? Time square?" I asked and he nodded.

"I'll park my car inside and I'll come out again. Okay?" I kissed his cheek.

"Okay." I walked into my car again and drove inside my house. I got ot and walked out from my gate. I got inside into his house.

"So how's work today? Did you close another deal?" I asked as I put my seatbelt.

"Quite good, I guess. Yeah I close another deal." He said in a really weird tone. I ignored him and decided not to be annoying or things like that.

"So.. about the wedding.. me and my secretary already looked for a place today."

"What did you get?"

"Miami.. Fontainebleau Miami Beach."

"Well that's okay, my friend got married there and it's okay." He said with no interest.

"Okay, you can invite 150 people and I'm 150 people. Who's that idea?" I asked cheerly and he glanced to me.

"Okay." He smiled. Austin is a definition of bipolar. I swear.. he was being weird in a second and then nice and sweet in another second. What the heck?!

"Is it okay for you? I mean.. Miami.." He suddenly started talking.

"I just want it to be in the place that you like.. Oh there's a festival.. oh!" I pointed as we passed by it.

"Do you want to go?" He asked.

"Can we?" I turned to him.

"Okay." He said and he turned the car back to the other way. He parked the car and we got out from it. He walked to me and held my hand.

"It's a little bit chilly.. you okay?" He asked and I laughed secretly inside my heart. Since when he cares..

"No, I'm okay.. Oh it's a wine and food festival." I said as I pointed at the banner. I squealed when I see waffles.

"White chocolate waffle please." I ordered and paid for it. I stood on the side looking at the staff making the waffle. So excited..

"That excited?"

"Yeah." I chuckled. I turned to him for a moment and turned back to the waffle.

"Cute." He ruffled my head and kissed the side of my hair.

"You're in a good mood today.." I turned to him because it's so weird seeing him being all close and just.. this.

"You got a good deal or something?"

"Yeah.. Made a call with York company and just.. you know." He smiled widely and my heart crunched. Let me tell you, York company is a Europe-American company, they quite big because they're connecting all Europe and America. They never want to deal with someone who they never trust. York company only made a deal with the 7 Gold Lifes in America and every company wants that deal because it gave a big profits to the both sides and if.. you got a deal with York.. You can get a deal with any company in the world.

"You want a deal with York company?" I asked and choked on my own words.

"Yeah, I want it and can you help me for that?" That's what I thought.

"Can we take care the wedding first and then think about York company later on?" I asked without looking at him.

"Number 287." They called my number and I walked towards them.

"Here you go miss." I grabbed the waffle and turned to Austin. He was looking at me with an unreadable expression.

"I'll help you get a deal with York after our wedding." I said and his eyes widen.

"Deal?" I asked.

"Yeah." He nodded.

You have a lot of money already Austin. Do you really love it so much until you become heartless like this? Using me to get more money and then throw me away like I'm nothing.

"Tomorrow I'm going to go to a wedding dress shop.. Come with me?" I asked.

"I'm sorry, I have an app-"

"That's okay." I cut him and walked away.