Composing myself quickly, I responded, "Afternoon sir, how can I help you?"

"I've been asked by someone important to hold an event at one of the hotels in the city. I can't reveal anything further until it's been confirmed, but we will be needing an elaborate cake and some tidbits. Canapes as well for the pre-event. I'm sure you and your friends are competent to take this on? That is.. if you are willing to do it."

"Of course sir." I said in awe.

"Good, I'll send someone over to discuss what themes and such. My assistant will set up the appointment with you. And Miss Baker, it is imperative that you keep this under wraps. The White House is involved in this event." he said making me dumbfounded.

"No problem sir." after he ended the call and I set up the appointment with his assistant, I sat in my chair quietly. Thinking about how I've seriously come THIS far. The White House?!

Calmly, I rang up Bree "You need to come to the bakery right now. Drag Claire along."

"What's wrong? Kat, you're scaring me." she said worriedly and to add more drama, I hung up.

15 minutes later, they burst into my office looking like hobos. "What the fuck is happening. Bree told me you sounded like the place had burned down." Claire yelled because she was just wearing yoga pants and a huge t-shirt.

"We've been asked to cater for an event." I said smiling.

"Girl, I'm going to smack that smile off your face. So what if we are catering. We do it all the time." she yelled again.

"Not for the White House!!!!" I squealed.

"No way." Bree said shocked. Claire didn't know what to do so she just sat on the spot she was standing.

There were gentle sobs coming from her not long after that. Bree and I joined her on the floor and leaned against each other.

"The mayor contacted me and told me about it. We can't tell anyone. It's just between the three of us. Someone is coming over tomorrow to go over the details. They didn't tell us what the event it is for yet, it's all hush hush. At the last minute, I guess."

"We need to celebrate or something. Not too sure how to react. I'm still in shock." Claire laughed.

"I should get back to work at some point today." I sighed.

"Let's just... sit here a bit. Bask in the glory. We deserve this." Bree smiled.

We did just that for the next 20 minutes, just reminiscing about the old days.

"Boss lady, we need more bread." Stacey knocked on the door.

"Yea yea coming. There are some already risen in the bread room. Shove those in first. I'll come and make more in a bit." I told her and she scurried off.

"Daydream over. I'll see you guys later." I brushed off my pants.

"The two hotties are already in your apartment, by the way." Claire rose as well.

"Mhmmm the ass on your brother though." Bree giggled.

"Ewww can you not." I cringed.

The rest of the day, I was in a chipper mood. I gave out more free cookies to the students who were there studying. When it was time to close up, I grabbed my things and headed to the gym.

While running on the treadmill, Danny came next to me. "Hey, Danny." I said between breaths.

"Yo up for a drink tonight?" he looked hopeful.