Chapter 42

OLIVIA'S POV

JULY

"Didn't you choose the right girlfriend!?" Bec proclaims to Nathan as we take our seats in the chartered plane Harry has organised.

"Oh babe, now is probably a good time to tell you I'm only dating you for your friends." He jokes back and they smile into each others lips before kissing.

"Oh god, I don't think I can take a week of this loved up shit!" Xander exclaims as Will hits his shoulder, causing the new couple to giggle. "It's bad enough we have to deal with Harry and Liv pretending this isn't some twisted group honeymoon of theirs."

Harry shrugs comically at him as the captain comes in to tell us the flight plan to Santorini and safety procedures.

I had told him flying private was an excessive waste of money but he had justified it by telling me it was an easier way for him to stay out of the public eye.  I had squinted at him, trying to read through what I knew was a lie and like always he dropped the act pretty quickly.  He told me he wanted to go on this trip to Greece as a way of thanking everyone for supporting him through everything.

"I cannot wait to lie in the sun and drink a cocktail!" Frankie shouts before panicking and looking worryingly at Harry.

"Would you relax!" He laughs at her, "I'm fine! I'm not addicted to alcohol Frankie, I just use and abuse it for the wrong reasons sometimes. You guys drink as much as you want, I'll just take embarrassing videos of you to watch in the morning!" He grins and she sticks her middle finger in the air at him.

I had worried about him so much in the past two weeks.  The press had been surrounding our home after the announcement Harry had fired his management and was pressing charges for breaches of privacy.  His doctors had specifically told him not to make major changes in his life and this one was not only toxically negative but also creating massive public attention.  We struggled to get cars in and out of the driveway and Harry couldn't even go to the gym without someone photographing him or reporters shoving microphones in his face.

This trip away really couldn't have come at a better time. 

Harry and I sit in single seats facing one another with a shiny black table between us. You would never guess by looking at him that he was going to the Greek Islands.  He is in a white silk button down shirt, sleeves rolled up and unbuttoned to the sternum as always. His tattoos peek through the thin material and although he has a matching straw fedora covering his curls, he insisted on wearing in his tight black jeans and boots. He wouldn't change no matter how many times I told him he will be too hot.

Of course, he looks calm and collected and like he actually belongs in this private plane as opposed to the rest of us who are so excited we look like children going to Disneyland.

I've never been to Greece before and as we fly over the ocean a few hours later, high above the scattered islands I sit up on my knees, smoothing out my little white dress and put my head against the small window frame, trying to see as much as possible.

Harry has booked this entire trip as a far too generous gift to us all and everything from where we are staying to what we are doing there is a complete mystery.

I glance over from kneeling in front of the window to find him looking at me, his elbow sits on the arm rest of his chair and his index finger brushes along his bottom lip. His gaze is dark and just as a tingle runs up my spine the captain informs us of our impending landing and the group cheers in excitement, breaking his focus away.

Santorini is like a dream, the white buildings and blue dome rooftops I've seen in so many photos surround us as we drive in two vans over rugged clifftops that look out to an impossibly picturesque view of the ocean and unbroken horizon.